forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Spectator list doesn't load if map needs to be downloaded

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
buny
Like title says, if you have to download a map, the spectator list won't be loaded while you're spectating that person

deadbeat posted an image :o left side is my perspective
deadbeat

derp, something has gone wrong.
peppy
Loads for me
ryza
From what I'm seeing, the spectators won't load if you let the map download automatically through osu!direct
Topic Starter
buny

Silynn wrote:

From what I'm seeing, the spectators won't load if you let the map download automatically through osu!direct
yep, if you dl through direct
Shiro
confirming, just tested this

seen from Marcin's side:

From mine:

on the same person, pictures were taken a few seconds apart
Aqo
I'll just write how to reproduce this because it's easier than explaining

you need 3 people
two of them should spectate the third one. so lets say A and B spectate C
C has a map that A has but B doesn't have. B has osu!direct

step 1: C plays a map that both A and B have while they both spectate
step 2: C switches to the map that B doesn't have
step 3: B downloads the map from osu!direct while still inside spectator. when the download finishes, he can spectate C again-

BUT

now in the top-left for B it shows nobody else is spectating (whereas previously it showed A was also spectating. and it should still show it since he still is)
Aqo
this is still a thing
Tom94
Confirming real quick. Works with an arbitrary amount of spectators:
The "other specrators" list resets to being empty after the bug being triggered, being filled with subsequent spectators joining afterwards, but not showing the ones previously present anymore.

Re-speccing in the middle of a map fixes the issue.
MillhioreF
Duplicate, but this topic has better replication steps and information. I'll merge.
Marcin
Bump - still does happen.
Topic Starter
buny
still happening

this didn't happen before the topic was made
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix fellow spectators being lost when downloading a map via osu!direct. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150129.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.