forum

[confirmed] [Editor] Time signature bug with inherited lines

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Basically, if you have a, let's say, 6/4 time signature, and you make an uninherited section (which will pickup that 6/4), change it to, let's say 4/4, and then convert it to an inherited section, the time signature will stay, but only in edit mode, in play mode it will be like it should be (6/4) - this is visible in taiko mode only (probably mania too but didn't try, standard and ctb don't have barlines while playing).

To replicate:

1) Have an uncommon signature red line - 6/4 for example
2) Create a new red line somewhere afterwards and change it to 4/4
3) Change this new red line to a green line, the 4/4 will stay in editor, but it will be 6/4 in play mode.

Workaround:
Delete the converted line and make a new green line instead.
TicClick
I confirm this happens; first noticed at p/3586370
drum drum
Marking confirmed
TheVileOne
The only think different between green and red lines is that one affects BPM and the other affects slider velocity. There is a method that makes sure that all green lines retain the same signature as the red line before it. It must not be working in certain cases.
TheVileOne
I have a pull request submitted for this. Not sure how much longer until it gets accepted.
VeilStar

TheVileOne wrote:

I have a pull request submitted for this. Not sure how much longer until it gets accepted.
Maybe one day.

Moving to LP.
TheVileOne
I will do a full regression check on this branch and if everything checks out I will look into getting my fixes accepted.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix inherited timing points sometimes reset timing signature on the timeline. (WujekGrzyb)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151209cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
TheVileOne
There are still many ways to cause this behaviour.