forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Timing Panel/all menus in editor 60 fps cap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hula
When in editor on latest stable release whenever you go into the timing panel no matter what fps cap you're using, unlimited or 120 it forces it to 60.

Edit: This happens with all the menus on the top part of the editor.

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
unko
when the osu window is inactive, the frame rate will drop to 40-60 ish. because the timing panel is a separate regular window technically it makes the osu window inactive so the behaviour is sorta expected i guess
Topic Starter
Hula
it's a bit rubbish when i'm playing the map in editor and it's choppy as fuck whilst i'm on f6.
- Marco -
To me it goes to 100fps on compose and unlimited on all the others

Also it lags as hell when you're doing/watching a oni or inner oni in the editor
Bara-

marcostudios wrote:

To me it goes to 100fps on compose and unlimited on all the others

Also it lags as hell when you're doing/watching a oni or inner oni in the editor
I thought I'm the only one with that lag
My god, 20 fps on big streams, while reaching 100-200 with no objects
- Marco -
is this also happening in stable? if now it should go here t/259747
- Marco -
Sorry for double posting but a friend of mine (SapphireDragon) said that this is happening also in stable
Topic Starter
Hula
my post said it's in stable build yo.
drum drum

nookls wrote:

when the osu window is inactive, the frame rate will drop to 40-60 ish. because the timing panel is a separate regular window technically it makes the osu window inactive so the behaviour is sorta expected i guess
This is correct but I'll have to ask if this is truly expected behavior or not

Edit: asked TheVileOne and he said he'll fix the behavior for editor.
Marking this confirmed
Topic Starter
Hula
WOO. MY FIRST BUG \O\
TheVileOne
FWIW I'm pretty sure it is not intended to have the audio playing in the background while another form is open. That just happens to be the behavior of some of the forms. I don't see any harms for making an exception in such a case though.
peppy
Why is this an issue...?
TheVileOne
Eh not sure why it would be an issue. I just confirmed it because I don't think fps needs to be restricted when editor forms are open. I am planning to look into it.
peppy
This is intentional blanket behaviour for winforms. Eventually the editor will not use winforms at which point this will be resolved. Leaving this issue open isn't worthwhile.