forum

[Archived] Online score submitting broken because of proxifier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
tetyys
I don't have any of those. Every other application works fine.
drum drum
osu! isn't your average application
Topic Starter
tetyys
So what? I'm not forwarding osu! through any proxy, just by having WideCap in my system seems to have effect on osu! I think. Other games work fine. Of course, problem may be not associated with WideCap.
KinkiN
Then it's most likely your internet got blocked / blocking osu! for some reason. try other ISP / Public Wi-Fi
Topic Starter
tetyys

Yuzuru wrote:

Then it's most likely your internet got blocked / blocking osu! for some reason. try other ISP / Public Wi-Fi
Then why it worked all the time, but after when every one had delayed score submission? This is not because of ISP. I've NEVER had any problems with my ISP, and I don't think I will have.
drum drum
How long have you been using proxifier?
Topic Starter
tetyys
1 week~, I've been using Proxifier before, but now I use WideCap, and I think it causes this problem.
drum drum
So have you tried not using it? It's probably kicking up security measures
Topic Starter
tetyys
Will try, but the point is everything else seems to work fine; What security measures are you talking about? What's there to secure from?
Topic Starter
tetyys
Uninstalled WideCap and score submitted. Can a developer try installing WideCap (it's free) and debug this problem?
KinkiN

tetyys wrote:

Uninstalled WideCap and score submitted. Can a developer try installing WideCap (it's free) and debug this problem?
I doubt they can. because it's widely known that proxifier can interfere the connection between you and bancho, and they don't have that much free time.

but if you really insisted, ask them nicely via PM. back to my first statement, i doubt they would debug it though
drum drum
They won't afaik
Proxifier sounds kinda shady if you ask me

Marking as resolved
Topic Starter
tetyys
But this isn't resolved. I repeat that I don't even have osu! enabled in WideCap and any other non-enabled program works just fine, so it must be some kind of thing in osu! that makes it fail when there's WinSock filter.
Flanster
Using such programs is not recommended when playing osu!, theres no reason for you to do so either.
Have a nice day.
Topic Starter
tetyys
But I'm not using it while playing osu!, it should not affect osu! in any way and doesn't affect any other programs.

Please move this from Resolved Issues sub-forum as this is not resolved.
Topic Starter
tetyys
Bumping because problem still persists and should be moved to unresolved issues. This is a game breaking bug.
Nathanael
Close ANY running applications that are unecessary to osu! even it is not being used at the game client.
Proxifier should be fine since I used it before and I was able to submit scores.

Moving this back
drum drum
It's a security thing
TheVileOne
This certainly doesn't sound like something osu! would support running in the background.
Topic Starter
tetyys

Nathanael wrote:

Close ANY running applications that are unecessary to osu! even it is not being used at the game client.
Proxifier should be fine since I used it before and I was able to submit scores.

Moving this back
Closed, still same, but closing WideCap still leaves its DLL loaded in Winsock filter chain, just passes all connections through directly.

drum drum wrote:

It's a security thing
I repeat that I didn't even route osu! through proxy so osu! must be using some kind of low-level socket hack.

TheVileOne wrote:

This certainly doesn't sound like something osu! would support running in the background.
If it's the case that osu! just breaks connections on purpose when it detects WideCap, so why it doesn't when applcations like WireShark, WinDBG, etc. is running?
drum drum

tetyys wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

If it's the case that osu! just breaks connections on purpose when it detects WideCap, so why it doesn't when applcations like WireShark, WinDBG, etc. is running?
Yes
Topic Starter
tetyys

drum drum wrote:

Yes
"Why?" is not a false/true question.