forum

[resolved] Bancho connecting on and off

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TechnoBuffalos
Problem Details:
Bancho disconnects every 10 seconds or so. I have tried using 2 different internet connections( Comcast and T-mobile), switching between stable and cutting edge, and reinstalled. My friends tell me their connection is fine. also, no firewall or anti-virus.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: latest stable
VeilStar
Could ping irc.ppy.sh with the windows command promt (cmd) by entering the following;
"ping -t irc.ppy.sh" and pressing enter? And then show the result after about ~30 seconds of letting it run?

Also do you happen to have any networking software installed like Netlimiter?
Topic Starter
TechnoBuffalos

VeilStar wrote:

Could ping irc.ppy.sh with the windows command promt (cmd) by entering the following;
"ping -t irc.ppy.sh" and pressing enter? And then show the result after about ~30 seconds of letting it run?

Also do you happen to have any networking software installed like Netlimiter?
I do not have any software installed that would prevent the connection, but I will double check. I ran the tests and nothing came out of the ordinary. I then tested by pinging with 8 KB of data to represent data transfer ,but everything came back normal. I will try restarting my computer to see if that helps.
drum drum
tried restarting your router? This is what seems to help these kinds of problems.
Topic Starter
TechnoBuffalos

drum drum wrote:

tried restarting your router? This is what seems to help these kinds of problems.
Restarted router - no luck
restarted modem and router - still no luck
Kyonko Hizara
Are you sure your firewall is allowing connection?
Topic Starter
TechnoBuffalos

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Are you sure your firewall is allowing connection?
Firewall settings: http://gyazo.com/712b6cbcda049b1fac72e0c479f23d97

I will upload a video soon with the issues.
Topic Starter
TechnoBuffalos
drum drum
That looks a lot like my first post
t/226175
It fixed itself after a computer restart iirc
Topic Starter
TechnoBuffalos
This issue persisted for 3 days, but it finally stopped today. I went out, went to work, watched a movie, came back and KABAM - it's fixed. I don't know what fixed it really, but it resolved itself.