forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
Jinxy
GOOD LORD THE DOWSING MACHINE

EDIT: And after that.. wow. Seriously, blind run this. It will surprise you big time
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Funny you should mention that. I was hoping to pick up a strategy guide along with the game today, but they said they haven't come in yet (if they're even out), so yeah. Blind running, let's go!
Lach
So far I've put 10 hours into it (12 if you count falling asleep and leaving my ds on) and only have 6 badges, I don't remember R/S being quite this long.

I must say, the intro was really sweet when you pick your gender and name.

edit:The teleporter section in the magma hideout is kinda annoying, but there's something useful at the end of the long room with rows of 3
Hika
HELLO TWO COPIES OF GOLD
LET ME PLAY YOU UNTIL I FINISH BOTH COMPLETELY
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So... it seems like Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken can still solo the whole game so far just like in Gen III... lol.
ColdTooth

Blazevoir wrote:

So... it seems like Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken can still solo the whole game so far just like in Gen III... lol.
woah what

just got the game and playign it now
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

ahahaha that is exactly how I played my first pokemon game

hit Groudon to red with a single flamethrower and proceeded to use a Master Ball on it
Lach
Disappointed that the Sootopolis gym tiles are so easy this time around, I remember trying for like 2 hours before I figured it out in the original.
Jinxy
man you're fast

still slowly walking around after getting my third badge. Gonna search Granite Cave after they turned it into a joke and do a few Mach Bike time trials

added OR/AS to the FC list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

"I was headed to the Contest Spectacular Hall but I seem to have lost my way" - Hiker Davian in Granite Cave
Athrun
Graphics are good. Surprised they gave us the EXP. Share pretty early actually.
Just defeated the first gym so I'm "getting" there.
Jinxy
So who here knew twelve years ago that "Winstrate" was a pun
Lach

Jinxy wrote:

I played Runescape so I noticed that at the time. There was a bunch of knights in that game with silly names like "Sir Prysin" and "Sir Amik Varze".

Just finished the pokemon league, and there's a typo or misinterpreted line at the end. At least, I think it's supposed to say something different.

In fact, I noticed quite a few grammar errors whilst playing it through. Not that it really bothered me, but there also seems to be many references to pop culture and the likes (this was in X/Y, too), I'm not sure if the earlier games had this. Perhaps I was too young to make the connections at the time.
deadbeat
is it just me, or is this game even easier than it used to be, i remember the 2nd gym having higher level pokemon
Jinxy

deadbeat wrote:

is it just me, or is this game even easier than it used to be, i remember the 2nd gym having higher level pokemon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... d_Sapphire
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasa ... gyms.shtml

Well, you're not wrong

EDIT: Well I just cleared Mt Chimney

OR is officially the best version
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

*headdesk* Funny story... I was talking about that last night in a Skype group I was in... I actually just NOW realized what that pun actually is ;~;

/Slowpokeforadecade
Azure_Kite
Flying on Latias/os is such fun.

Like, really. A lot of pseudo legendary pokemon this time aren't hidden behind the elite four, either.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Doubt this is a spoiler, but anyway...
Speaking of which, I'm annoyed that the games don't let you check Lati@s' stats then softreset quickly, but it's not like Game Freak hasn't done it before...
Athrun
Love that Mauville City look.
It was bigger than I expected as well T_T
Beautiful *sheds a tear*
Ciunek
You guys are making my hype impossible to contain. Meanwhile I'm crying and dealing with stuff like this every morning

[07:05:00] <andrewshen123> morning
[07:05:02] <andrewshen123> oras out yet?

He's Canadian ;_;
Navizel

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Beautiful *sheds a tear*
Rip game corner :/
Birdy
I should stop reading this thread till I get my game.

You guys make me so mad right now.
Trash Boat
Ouch
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Beautiful *sheds a tear*
Gonna be a while till I remember where everything is, though... like seriously.

P.S. I hope you all remembered to download your shiny Beldum through Mystery Gift.
Jinxy
i can fly to literally anywhere except route 120

why

I want a base there, route 120 looks amazing at night
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Can't you use Soar for that?

Anyway, posted my Super-Secret Base to the OP. If what Serebii.net said is true, my team should be one that'll immensely help low-leveled Pokémon, but anyone can feel free to go against me regardless and even take my Flag.
Jinxy
I don't have Soar unlocked yet. Or something. I dunno, I'm not reading up.

I think you should append this FC list to the OP, there are more people in this one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

EDIT: Adding someone to your secret pals removes them from their base. Should have battled first

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Added/Updated.

I wonder if people you meet on PSS can also transfer their base...
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

Added/Updated.

I wonder if people you meet on PSS can also transfer their base...
Passersby will sometimes have their bases appear in your game. That's why I have 13 flags :P

If you don't favourite them, then their base may get overwritten by a new passerby. So far the only base I favourited is one with a full team of pals so that's like 6 battles
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Passersby will sometimes have their bases appear in your game. That's why I have 13 flags :P

If you don't favourite them, then their base may get overwritten by a new passerby. So far the only base I favourited is one with a full team of pals so that's like 6 battles
Ooh, this is good news~
Jinxy
Checking again, you have the option to battle your pals in your own base. I think people added by QR can only be battled the next day, regardless of them being in their base or yours. They also have some "skill" thing which I assume functions similar to Join Avenue but can also only be used the next day
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Something else I also found out: if they have a bed in their base, you can actually use it to heal your Pokémon.

EDIT: So was anyone else surprised that...
...you ended up getting the opposite Orb, especially when looking back at the original games?
Athrun

Blazevoir wrote:

Something else I also found out: if they have a bed in their base, you can actually use it to heal your Pokémon.

EDIT: So was anyone else surprised that...
...you ended up getting the opposite Orb, especially when looking back at the original games?
Bit surprised. The fact that we can't get Kyogre in Omega Ruby, I question that.

Anyways, the battle with the legendaries are "interesting". Average level but still hard to catch as usual.
Azure_Kite
I liked the story changes from the original. Haven't played Delta story yet, but up to and past Groudon, that was intense.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Bit surprised. The fact that we can't get Kyogre in Omega Ruby, I question that.
SPOILER
Considering you can't even return the other Orb...

Azure_Kite wrote:

I liked the story changes from the original. Haven't played Delta story yet, but up to and past Groudon, that was intense.
Just finished that part @ Groudon. Holy shit is the story more dramatic now.
Athrun
To think you need a Lvl 100, just to go catch Reshiram/Zekrom... ;_:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Good thing I brought over Pokémon from my Y, then.

EDIT: Holy shit @ Victory Road. Just sayin'.
SPOILER
Wally has such a kickass battle theme.
Azure_Kite
He really does. I just finished the E4. May's piano theme is just d'awwwwwwwww.

And the credits! They track the pokes you used during in-game events and its cool.
Athrun
actually the underwater graphics are AMAZING.
Riding on a Kyogre underwater is amazing \:D/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So... I beat the main story. Gonna save Episode Delta for tomorrow (my time). Hopefully by then I'll also have an actual Base ready.
Friendan
Rehash
There are people who will buy the same game twice or 3-4 times if you've already played Ruby/Sapphire
show more