forum

S3RL feat Tamika - I Will Pick You Up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashasaki
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, February 05, 2015 at 10:10:31 PM

Artist: S3RL feat Tamika
Title: I Will Pick You Up
Tags: Emfa music Jole Hughes Tamika Miller Asagi Gero Trance Rave
BPM: 175
Filesize: 11293kb
Play Time: 03:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Asagi's Insane (4.6 stars, 654 notes)
  2. Easy (1.53 stars, 221 notes)
  3. Gero's Hard (3.1 stars, 452 notes)
  4. Normal (2.27 stars, 352 notes)
Download: S3RL feat Tamika - I Will Pick You Up
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
S3RL Feat. TAMIKA - I Will Pick You Up

WARNING
Some part of this map has pretty quite high SB Load, players with weak machines should be careful >.<

Written, produced and engineered by Jole Hughes.
Vocals by Tamika Miller & Jole Hughes.
NOW READY TO RANK

Special thanks to the Following :D

-Bakari-
For helping me to set the correct metadata ,bpm and SB improvement and
Xinely
For the and
Andrea
For re-
Desperate-kun
For re-
Asagi Senpai
ofc Motivation on SBing and Inspiration on mapping <3
Also for making an epic Insane Difficulty
Gero
For making an awesome Hard Difficulty and SB improvement
Damnae, Xgor, Mira-San, ExUsagi and Lilith
For the Big, Big help and suggestions for Storyboard improvement

Thanks to the following for the Stars, Mods, Testplays and Support <3
Garven
Oracle
Kloyd
Hinsvar
Okoratu
Andrea
Aka
P A N
ExUsagi
SE_Soul
AlexaBM
Axarious
NewRulerNA
LexiaLovesU
HelloSCV
Winek
Shadren
Squirrel
OblivioN
neonat
Modi
Squigly
XLyonX
faithshinkou
Kyo Kusanagi_30
aXsEpSiLoN
rEdo
ByBy_ChAn

History Log
11/22/14
Apply Xgor and Garven's SB mod
Update Asagi's Diff and Add Unfinished Easy Diff
11/24/14
Update Easy Diff
11/25/14
Update Hitsounds on Asagi's Diff
11/27/14
Change some SB elements at 2nd kiai
11/28/14
Remap Normal diff at the last part
Added hitsounds at Easy and Normal Diffs
Fix colors of lyrics
12/02/14
Added Gero's Diff :D
Fix some Tags
12/03/14
Update Hitsounds
Change Stars.jpg
12/04/14
Fix Tags only
12/05/14
Update Easy and Normal Diff
12/27/14
Update Easy and Gero's Hard
SB Changes
12/28/14
Update Easy and Normal Diff
12/29/14
Minimize .osu and .osb files
12/30/14
Fixed Easy, Normal and Insane
1/1/15
Update Hard Diff :D
1/2/15
Delete the old .osb file @_@
1/9/15
Fixed some SB elements
Update Asagi's Insane
1/11/15
Massive changes at Normal Diff
2/1/15
Fixed Normal diff
Asagi
HOOOO!!
Topic Starter
Ashasaki

Asagi wrote:

HOOOO!!
Hey HOOOOOO! HAHAHA
Mira-san
ehehehe :D
P A N
Sexy's Insane
Xgor
[Images]
oh.png When I.png and most images in the Lyrics folder has tons of unused transparancy. crop them.

You can remove most of the black on Layer1.png as it's not used. (You could also use 2 rotated Layer1 images for the Layer3 because if you have cut Layer1 you'll save some SB load)

[SB load]
Right now there is a huge amount of transparancy for flash.png, if you instead only has one image for the flash and flip it for the other side you'll save quite a lot of SB load.

There is a bunch of things that could be optimized at 1:07:027-1:07:370....
  1. You use a Black.jpg at this part to cover images but if those images wasn't there would be black. Please remove it.
  2. White.jpg is at this part at the start even if it's not visible due to being but and takes up SB load because the fade is not at 0, Change the fade to 0 when it shouldn't be seen.
  3. You added stars.jpg at this point even if it doesn't start being visible at 1:07:370
  4. If you want to keep it really optimized you can also make LJ1.png fade out completely at 1:07:027
There is also similar issues like at 2:34:799 - 2:35:142 but the other big SB load issues is after 2:35:142 instead.
That part however it's the large part of big image effects that creates a problem.
The flash.png fix I posted above will fix some and changing the stars to star particles will also fix some but even with those there still will be over 5.0x.
You have to remove some effects from the Hooo that pops up, I suggest remove 1-2 smoke images and/or burst.png as those are the least noticeable.

City.jpg is largely covered by Cityrender. If you cut out all of the bottom so only the parts that will be seen (The sky) You'd save quite a lot of SB load there.

In around 2:57:064 Yuzu.png is covering Inori2 thus making Inori2 take up a lot of space that's not needed. However I know you want a while BG at that part so what I suggest is using a vectored white.jpg and cover the black parts. Like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2263955 https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2263946

[Tecnical]
The SB is not in a osb even if they are almost the same in both difficulties.

[Storyboard Design]
Would have been nice if it had widescreen support, I know that it would be a lot of work but more and more SB is using SB support and it does look nice with Widescreen SBs.

The dot.png Particles just disappears when it reaches x,100 and that looks really weird, I suggest you fade it out fade it out or let it move off screen.

Galaxy.png moves slightly up and the bottom of the SB get less and less covered by it and it looks weird.

Tbh I find that it looks much better when you storyboard moving particles than the static Stars.jpg, Especally as the artifacting is pretty visible in that image. I'd love if you had starts move indiviually instead on those parts because it would look better and save SB load.

[Normal]
02:46:113 (1) - Change to White combo colour like in the insane to fit better with the SB ?

...Phew that's a lot. Anyways I really really like this SB, it has a lot of nice touches like that the text moves up when "Up" is sung and down when "down " is sung. The effect with gradients at 02:24:170 is also really really look and don't think I've seen that in a SB before.
Good luck :D
Topic Starter
Ashasaki
Thanks for the mod Xgor :D i will fix it later >_<
Garven
Just my quick thoughts while watching this.

2014-11-21 16:54 Xgor: So far there has been a nice amount of intrest in the SB modding queue.
2014-11-21 17:00 Garven: Sweet
2014-11-21 17:00 Garven: Have you seen anything particularly cool?
2014-11-21 17:01 Xgor: While it had quite some flaws I really loved this one
2014-11-21 17:01 Xgor: ACTION is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/544993 DJ S3RL feat. TAMIKA - I Will Pick You Up]
2014-11-21 17:01 Garven: No widescreen, eh?
2014-11-21 17:02 Xgor: It's kinda silly but I find it charming and it works well with the song.
2014-11-21 17:02 Xgor: Yeah... I commented on that.
2014-11-21 17:02 Garven: Aaah needs borders on the text
2014-11-21 17:02 Garven: Can't read half of it
2014-11-21 17:02 Garven: Or colorize it
2014-11-21 17:02 Xgor: Haha maybe you should mod the SB too :P
2014-11-21 17:03 Garven: Pretty neat ideas though
2014-11-21 17:03 Garven: Some of the space flying lines are too close together. Looks kinda messy
2014-11-21 17:03 Xgor: Also this one is nice too. It also strikes me as more of your kind of SB (And song)
2014-11-21 17:03 Xgor: ACTION is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/487759 Amatsuki & Midori Inu. - Mono Crossroad]
2014-11-21 17:04 Garven: now I'm worried what "my kind of SB" entails q:
2014-11-21 17:04 Xgor: Haha
2014-11-21 17:04 Garven: Oh sweet. That cityscape is awesome
2014-11-21 17:04 Garven: Yeah, just minor complaints about the presentation of the SB
2014-11-21 17:05 Garven: Pretty fun
Topic Starter
Ashasaki
Thanks for this sir garven, maybe i'll use widescreened monitor to fix it, although i use 1024x768 monitor so i didnt notice a problen for the Widescreen support xD
Topic Starter
Ashasaki

Xgor wrote:

[Images]
oh.png When I.png and most images in the Lyrics folder has tons of unused transparancy. crop them.
Done

You can remove most of the black on Layer1.png as it's not used. (You could also use 2 rotated Layer1 images for the Layer3 because if you have cut Layer1 you'll save some SB load)
the blacks at Layer1 is fine to me, ends are fine there. layer3 is fine to me too, because i use different curve layout there differ from layer 1 and 2.

[SB load]
Right now there is a huge amount of transparancy for flash.png, if you instead only has one image for the flash and flip it for the other side you'll save quite a lot of SB load.
oh yes, maybe its fine to me, as i observe other SB's they use same flash with huge amount of transparency. but i change some other elements there to save sb load

There is a bunch of things that could be optimized at 1:07:027-1:07:370....
  1. You use a Black.jpg at this part to cover images but if those images wasn't there would be black. Please remove it.
    already removed
  2. White.jpg is at this part at the start even if it's not visible due to being but and takes up SB load because the fade is not at 0, Change the fade to 0 when it shouldn't be seen.
    fixed
  3. You added stars.jpg at this point even if it doesn't start being visible at 1:07:370
    fixed
  4. If you want to keep it really optimized you can also make LJ1.png fade out completely at 1:07:027
when i fade it , the Sb load increases :v
There is also similar issues like at 2:34:799 - 2:35:142 but the other big SB load issues is after 2:35:142 instead.
That part however it's the large part of big image effects that creates a problem.
Fixed, but that's the mostly changes as i can change :< but ill try to change stars to moving particles
The flash.png fix I posted above will fix some and changing the stars to star particles will also fix some but even with those there still will be over 5.0x.
You have to remove some effects from the Hooo that pops up, I suggest remove 1-2 smoke images and/or burst.png as those are the least noticeable.
i remove some smokes there ,burst gave a huge impact to Hoo so it's imortant.
City.jpg is largely covered by Cityrender. If you cut out all of the bottom so only the parts that will be seen (The sky) You'd save quite a lot of SB load there.
im quite thinking if i render the City just only the sky, it would be a problem to position it to the cityrender to be exact while moving :< maybe i cannot do that but i make some plan to better optimize it
In around 2:57:064 Yuzu.png is covering Inori2 thus making Inori2 take up a lot of space that's not needed. However I know you want a while BG at that part so what I suggest is using a vectored white.jpg and cover the black parts. Like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2263955 https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2263946
omg great idea! but,
they'll see my ugly render T^T sorry im not used in rendering since im new at photoshop :v maybe Asagi will manage it

[Tecnical]
The SB is not in a osb even if they are almost the same in both difficulties.
there are some changes like Guest Diff names plus ill add some highlights from kiai parts ( just thinking because of SB loads)

[Storyboard Design]
Would have been nice if it had widescreen support, I know that it would be a lot of work but more and more SB is using SB support and it does look nice with Widescreen SBs.
Sorry i cant, i dont know that WSupp will be a big deal to SB's =w=

The dot.png Particles just disappears when it reaches x,100 and that looks really weird, I suggest you fade it out fade it out or let it move off screen.
fixed
Galaxy.png moves slightly up and the bottom of the SB get less and less covered by it and it looks weird.
oh a mistake xD thanks for clarify

Tbh I find that it looks much better when you storyboard moving particles than the static Stars.jpg, Especally as the artifacting is pretty visible in that image. I'd love if you had starts move indiviually instead on those parts because it would look better and save SB load.
we'll fix it later , we need to complete mapset first >.<
[Normal]
02:46:113 (1) - Change to White combo colour like in the insane to fit better with the SB ?
done

...Phew that's a lot. Anyways I really really like this SB, it has a lot of nice touches like that the text moves up when "Up" is sung and down when "down " is sung. The effect with gradients at 02:24:170 is also really really look and don't think I've seen that in a SB before.
uweee Thanks >.<
Good luck :D
riffy
Oh my god, this is awesome!
Asagi
Oh my god, its bakabakari!!!
Andrea

P A N wrote:

Sexy's Insane
This.

Also that storyboard is incredibly awesome.
Topic Starter
Ashasaki
Waaaa! thanks Bakari-Sama and Andrea ! >_< :)
Oracle
cool Insane & sb! (didn't check anything else)
Topic Starter
Ashasaki
haha thanks Oracle-Sama xD

Btw Hard Diff and Hitsounds are still ongoing.
Topic Starter
Ashasaki
BAKA Bakari-Sama T^T thanks for your stars T^T <3
P A N
Good luck lShuuichi
Topic Starter
Ashasaki

P A N wrote:

Good luck lShuuichi
Thanks P A N :>
Asagi
Bakari is mad
riffy

Asagi wrote:

Bakari is mad
No, I'm not. :)
Gero
Sorry for delay but I was quite busy in these days...

Enjoy it
Topic Starter
Ashasaki
Waaa Thanks Again for the Stars Bakari-Sama and Gero :D
The Mapset is complete, now ready for mod
Winnie
Here as acception from modding queue. Will get done later tonight. All I have to say is god damn that SB :oops: Best word play in SB so far
show more