forum

[Archived] Key overlay counting issues [updated]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Codered999
Problem Details: The key overlay will always count a right click, even if another key has already clicked the slider/spinner. Very noticeable when playing with a keyboard, but also happens if playing with just the mouse. Not sure if this happens with a tablet too. To duplicate, turn on "Always show key overlay." Then, while holding down a key or left click for a slider or spinner, tap right click a few times and notice the right click counter go up. This also happens with left click, but only if you're holding down a spinner or slider with right click. Tried looking through search and haven't seen anything posted about this yet so hopefully this isn't a duplicate heheh.

Edit: I did a bit more testing and found out this happens with the keyboard keys too if you're holding down left or right click, leading me to believe the actual bug is the fact that holding down a key then left clicking does NOT count in the key overlay. Whichever way this is handled though is fine by me, just as long as it's consistent lol. This is a bit hard to explain with words so if need be I can make a video showing what's wrong.

Please refer to the video for explanation as I have made corrections.

Video:

osu! version: 20141119.1cuttingedge

This affects current stable release too.
Piine
Isn't Mouse Left and Right Click counted onto the Key Overlay? Also the same with Keyboard 1 and 2 keys.... so Intended??
spook
I believe the thing where you cannot use LMB+left click/RMB+right click at the same time is intentional - maybe to avoid having people just spamming 3/4 keys during streams and such.
However, you can probably use LMB+right click/RMB+left click at the same time since it doesn't affect how many keys you're pressing at once.

Hopefully this is what you're describing
Topic Starter
Codered999

Pazo wrote:

I believe the thing where you cannot use LMB+left click/RMB+right click at the same time is intentional - maybe to avoid having people just spamming 3/4 keys during streams and such.
However, you can probably use LMB+right click/RMB+left click at the same time since it doesn't affect how many keys you're pressing at once.

Hopefully this is what you're describing
Yeah that is what I'm describing, however leaving the overlay as it currently is seems inconsistent as far as counting goes. It isn't really the overlay's job to babysit livestreams and prevent multiple key inputs. I think it should be changed so that either all keys get counted no matter what OR only allow one key count at a time,(I forgot about osu!mania) that way it represents a more accurate count. I'm not sure if it's just me but when I play I always accidentally right click and it kinda just throws everything off. (and yes I know you can just disable clicking, but that's more hiding the issue than fixing it)
Arnold0
This just seams normal, you can press mouse key1 and keyboard key2 and the two will register in game so they are counted. However, mouse key1 and kb key1 cannot be registered at the same time in game so why counting something that isn't registered ?
drum drum
I think this is intended behavior too