forum

[resolved] osu! crashes clicking on links

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Celb
Problem Details:
Not everytime, but really often when I'm trying to click on a puush link or even when i want to spectate someone my osu! just stucks and i have to close it by Task manager...Suggestions anyone?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141106.14 (latest)
TheVileOne
Does the problem happen while your browser needs to open or is it already open?
Poofin
I have the same issue. Links that open in browsers cause osu to freeze for about 20 seconds then proceed to act as if nothing happened. For example, if i open a link from /np cause i have supporter, it works fine. However if i try to open a map beatmap listing/score or topic, osu freezes. Also if try to open anyother links that cant be handled from within the client it also freezes.
Kyonko Hizara
What browser are you using?

Computer specs might also be useful. Low specs sometimes can cause the game to lag when clicking links.
Hineya

Poofin wrote:

I have the same issue. Links that open in browsers cause osu to freeze for about 20 seconds then proceed to act as if nothing happened. For example, if i open a link from /np cause i have supporter, it works fine. However if i try to open a map beatmap listing/score or topic, osu freezes. Also if try to open anyother links that cant be handled from within the client it also freezes.
I have the same problem. It's happening on stable and cutting edge. I'm using Google Chrome.

drum drum
try using firefox and see if it happens. stuff like this happens with google chrome a lot
Topic Starter
Celb
I am using firefox. And its not always crashing, also its not a lagg, it crashes for real.
drum drum
try it with a different browser then (obviously google chrome) (no im not contradicting myself)
Hineya
Firefox fixed it for me. I think Celb has a different issue because osu! only freezes for me for like 20 seconds just like Poofin said, it doesn't crash.
Topic Starter
Celb
Still crashes using Chrome.
drum drum
Did you try it by making chrome your default browser and then switching back to firefox?
Topic Starter
Celb
Yes I just did and it crashed again :D
_index
Confirming, freezes for 30-40~ seconds not opening links. Latest Chrome. Happens with chat links, "view profile" and "view beatmap thread/list" buttons.
drum drum
This isn't a bug it's a software issue
TheVileOne
The code hasn't changed in a long time. Either your browsers are not configured correctly or something on your browser's end is crashing. I used to have long wait times if I had to open my browser on my old computer. My computer was a piece of junk though.
Ruffyruffle
I had this problem, fixed it by turning off compatibility mode for osu.
Hineya

Ruffyruffle wrote:

I had this problem, fixed it by turning off compatibility mode for osu.
You're right, Chrome works fine again. Thanks!
TheVileOne
osu! doesn't need compatibility mode. We'll keep this solution in mind for the future.