forum

[Archived] osu! keeps rolling the beatmap lists

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Doyak
Problem Details: 2nd time I'm having this problem today. Don't know the reason. It's just like that when I activate osu! window.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://youtu.be/D--0njpLJks

osu! version: 20141024.5cuttingedge
Topic Starter
Doyak
I don't know why this happens exactly, but it seems that it's related to typing for search while moving cursor around the map list or the ranking board.
Bara-
Maybe the f2 button is lagging, try pressing that, as the movement seen on the video, looks a lot like the random button (f2)
Topic Starter
Doyak

baraatje123 wrote:

Maybe the f2 button is lagging, try pressing that, as the movement seen on the video, looks a lot like the random button (f2)
Nope, I already tried that. and it seems that it's not even related to F2 (random) button. It's just scrolling down forever.
Bara-
Maybe the real scorll button got messed up
Try pressing the scroll wheel a few times, and scroll up a few times
Does that (temporarily) fix it?
VeilStar
I remember having the same issue often before,
though I haven't had it in a long time and I don't exacly recall what the trigger was.
I think it had something to do with clicking, not sure.

Basically just posting to confirm that it's a replicable bug/glitch.
KinkiN
Disable joystick support?
Topic Starter
Doyak

baraatje123 wrote:

Maybe the real scorll button got messed up
Try pressing the scroll wheel a few times, and scroll up a few times
Does that (temporarily) fix it?
No nothing solves it, I just have to restart osu! everytime I get that problem.
Topic Starter
Doyak

Yuzuru wrote:

Disable joystick support?
Always disabled.
Topic Starter
Doyak

VeilStar wrote:

though I haven't had it in a long time and I don't exacly recall what the trigger was.

I can't trigger it again too :D Don't know how to, but happens sometimes.
VeilStar

Doyak wrote:

VeilStar wrote:

I can't trigger it again too :D Don't know how to, but happens sometimes.
Yup. I used to have the exact same issue man.
I vaguely remember it happaned after going out of a map or scoreboard quickly, combined with clicking.
Nothing would stop the constant scrolling but closing osu and opening it again.
Also I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this issue since I started using windowed mode instead of fullscreen.

Maybe some of the above can help you to try to replicate it,
as I can't remember nor replciate it anymore, but most definitely know it's replicable some way.
KinkiN
https://osu.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articl ... scrolling-

try to do what's listed on the above link
Topic Starter
Doyak

Yuzuru wrote:

https://osu.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202018903-My-song-list-keeps-scrolling-

try to do what's listed on the above link
I can simply restart osu! and that solves it. I'm just curious why this happens, and it's better not to happen if it can be fixed.

Also, that only happens in specific situations, (don't know the exact reason, but definitely there is a trigger formula) so it's certainly not my devices' (or my computer's) problem.
Topic Starter
Doyak

VeilStar wrote:

Yup. I used to have the exact same issue man.
I vaguely remember it happaned after going out of a map or scoreboard quickly, combined with clicking.
Nothing would stop the constant scrolling but closing osu and opening it again.
Also I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this issue since I started using windowed mode instead of fullscreen.

Maybe some of the above can help you to try to replicate it,
as I can't remember nor replciate it anymore, but most definitely know it's replicable some way.
Oh, yeah, I think it all happend during full screen mode, but when that happens, it keeps even when I turn into window mode.
Topic Starter
Doyak
Anybody found something else?
Mikaela Hyakuya
I got the same problema today, idk what happened.
Mike Ace

zLight07 wrote:

I got the same problema today, idk what happened.
Me Too :(
Marcin
Does it happen even when you disconnect all input devices?
VeilStar

Marcin wrote:

Does it happen even when you disconnect all input devices?
Well... You can't trigger it when disconnecting all input devices.
(As I remember being in a scoreboard, alt-tabbing out, doing some quick stuff, alt-tabbing back in, pressing ESC, and then it started doing this.)
However I'm pretty sure if you disconnect input devices during this 'madness' that it will keep going.

It's almost as if osu! falsely thinks you pressed the 'random'' button and keeps spamming that same action to no end.

Either way, I tried replicating it again a few days ago and I simply couldn't. It seems extremely rare and extremely random.
ONLY happens on fullscreen
ONLY happened when alt-tabbing out of the game when/after viewing a scoreboard
the ONLY solution was to close osu! and open it again.

At least that's how it went from my experience.
Topic Starter
Doyak
I agree with VeilStar. This happens pretty randomly, and still cannot find out how to trigger it. But it does happen sometimes. When it happens, it has nothing to do with any input device anymore.
Topic Starter
Doyak
(a post to remind people about this)
drum drum
I was looking at the front of the thread and you really need to learn to use the edit button ok

I'll try what you say when I get home and if I can replicate this I'll confirm it
Topic Starter
Doyak

drum drum wrote:

I was looking at the front of the thread and you really need to learn to use the edit button ok

I'll try what you say when I get home and if I can replicate this I'll confirm it
I wasn't sure if just editing it would put this in recent changes. Thanks for your help.
drum drum
Can you still make this happen?

I've had no luck
Topic Starter
Doyak

drum drum wrote:

Can you still make this happen?

I've had no luck
No I don't know how to. And actually I haven't gotten that problem for a while. I think I didn't do the 'thing' to trigger it or similar to it recently.
VeilStar
Not to bump the topic without anything new, but I just wanted to add this here for reference.
t/260044

Might not be exactly the same (?), but very similar at the very least.

Edit:
And it happened again JUST NOW, this time only on the song selection list.
I was simply looking at my profile in Firefox, and clicked the osu! icon to get playing again, and it suddenly started rolling for no reason.
I didn't even touch a single key (well, just left click on the osu icon to switch windows).
Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZujqZxuZLc
Topic Starter
Doyak
VeilStar: Did these two happen on fullscreen?
VeilStar

Doyak wrote:

VeilStar: Did these two happen on fullscreen?
Windowed this time around.
So scrap what I said previously about fullscreen only.
However the same thing did happen; use another window for a few seconds, then click back into osu! and it rolls infinitely.