forum

[Archived] CAN'T DOWNLOAD OSU! THROUGH THE (LATEST) METHOD

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
asterisck1821
I put there (latest) coz I somehow think that method is quite new.
anyway, to the main topic. first my problem is connecting to bancho/going online.
you can view it here p/3448447#p3448447
now, I thought that it might help if I reinstall the game. so I did uninstall the game. BUT after I clicked the program to run into the empty folder it shows this:

btw, I added my Dial-up modem stats while it is running... I know it's kinda low but hey, it should start downloading files if I have internet connection, right?
sooo...yeah, that's my problem.
Plz halp.
TheVileOne
It should download if you can contact the server and retrieve files from it. (These issues usually resolve without having to do anything).

Are you behind any firewalls or proxies? Those things can interfere with downloading files.
peppy
Are you able to test on a different PC on the same connection?
Topic Starter
asterisck1821
somehow, it finally updates and install smoothly...AFTER OPENING AND CLOSING A MILLION TIMES.
and also I logged in on bancho just fine. I'm going to test it if I can connect again after I restart my PC.
Topic Starter
asterisck1821
aaaaaaaand after restarting my PC, I can't Log in again :cry:
I tested it in other PC (windows XP) using the same connection. I logged in and played smoothly.
restarted it and logged in smoothly again.
obviously, something is wrong with windows 7...
btw, my firewall is off ...
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ? ? ? ? ?
Arnold0
It seems you have a realyyyyyyyyyy slow connection, so maybe some programs on your windows 7 PC is using it a bit too much and there isn't enough bandwith for osu! to connect without timing out ?