forum

[resolved] Lag issues.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TaiwanKatzen
Problem Details: Hello, I just can't seem to get rid of lag, I'm playing on a laptop with following specs, and I'm starting to wonder if there is no way to play without the lag?!
CPU The 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
OS Windows 7.
Chipset Intel® HM87
Memory DDR3L,up to 1600 MHz, 2 slots, Max. 16GB
LCD Size 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080), Anti-glare
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Graphics VRAM GDDR5 2GB
HDD (GB) Up to 256GB Super RAID* + 750GB HDD 7200rpm
Optical Drive BD Combo / DVD Super Multi
Audio Sound by Dynaudio
Support 7.1 channel SPDIF output
Exclusive Audio Boost technology
Creative Sound Blaster Cinema
Webcam HD type (30fps@720p)
Card Reader SD (XC/HC)
LAN Killer™ E2200 Game Networking LAN
Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/ n
Bluetooth Bluetooth v4.0
D-Sub (VGA) 1
HDMI 1, Support 4Kx2K Output
USB 2.0 port 2
USB 3.0 port 2
Mic-in/Headphone-out 1/1
Keyboard Keyboard by SteelSeries 103 keys
AC Adapter 120W
Battery 6-Cell Li-Ion (4400mAh 49Wh)
Dimension 383 x 249.5 x 37.6~32.3mm
Weight (KG) 2.6Kg (w/ Battery)

The lag is general lag spikes and fps drops.

osu! version: 20141008.17
DeletedUser_1290088
[deleted]
buny
Try switching render and capping fps
[K]enshi
well your Computer satisfies the requirements, so i think it is either the Skin you are using atm or other programs are responsible. Do you run any other programs exept osu! (steam, Skype etc.) ?
Topic Starter
TaiwanKatzen

NightcoreBeat wrote:

well your Computer satisfies the requirements, so i think it is either the Skin you are using atm or other programs are responsible. Do you run any other programs exept osu! (steam, Skype etc.) ?
I do usually have steam and bittorrent open. But as it seemed like they were part of the problem, I closed both, and tried running osu!, but without any luck. It was still lagging.

buny wrote:

The game screen just freezes when I do like so. I can still hear the audio from both the beatmaps and the menu options though. It does not switch back upon being restarted, so I have to edit the cfg file containing my settings back to the 60(VSync) fps limit. And the directx simply lags even more.
Topic Starter
TaiwanKatzen

Invictus Tiberius wrote:

Tou can get lag if another program is using the hard disk at 100% of its reading speed (yes, lag spikes and fps drops). No other idea about the reason because you have a very good laptop.

Open the Resource Monitor (or the task manager on Windows 8) and verify if a process is reading intensely the hard disk.
Well when I do this, then strangely enough, it says that its not using any more than 3-5% of the cpu.
http://i59.tinypic.com/14aiuck.jpg (Sorry for the danish, please ask if you need me to translate it.)
LucyAkuzumi
Another program must be causing your lag spikes especially the fps drops. It's a guess though since my League of Legends also get fps drops when I have Bluestacks (an android emulator) on.

EDIT: Also try changing your osu skin, it might help.
Full Tablet
Did you install the latest graphics drivers?
Topic Starter
TaiwanKatzen

LucyAkuzumi wrote:

Another program must be causing your lag spikes especially the fps drops. It's a guess though since my League of Legends also get fps drops when I have Bluestacks (an android emulator) on.

EDIT: Also try changing your osu skin, it might help.

I think so aswell, and I changed my skin to the traditional one, and to some others, but it had no effect.

Full Tablet wrote:

Did you install the latest graphics drivers?
Yeah, installed it last week or so.
buny

TaiwanKatzen wrote:

NightcoreBeat wrote:

I do usually have steam and bittorrent open. But as it seemed like they were part of the problem, I closed both, and tried running osu!, but without any luck. It was still lagging.

buny wrote:

The game screen just freezes when I do like so. I can still hear the audio from both the beatmaps and the menu options though. It does not switch back upon being restarted, so I have to edit the cfg file containing my settings back to the 60(VSync) fps limit. And the directx simply lags even more.
Another way to change settings rather than having to go through config is to hold shift while opening osu

Did you always lag on that laptop? Or did it start happening recently?
Topic Starter
TaiwanKatzen

buny wrote:

Another way to change settings rather than having to go through config is to hold shift while opening osu

Did you always lag on that laptop? Or did it start happening recently?
I only noticed it last week, when I tried it on my desktop, and I realized that my laptops perfomance with osu! was not as smooth, and more laggy. This confused me, as my laptop is usually at much higher fps than my desktop is.
TheVileOne
With those specs it is unlikely that one program could be taking up enough resources to cause issues. I wouldn't count it out though.

I don't know why some people get lag. Your system is capping out well below its performance capabilities. Your gpu may be configured incorrectly.
Topic Starter
TaiwanKatzen

TheVileOne wrote:

With those specs it is unlikely that one program could be taking up enough resources to cause issues. I wouldn't count it out though.

I don't know why some people get lag. Your system is capping out well below its performance capabilities. Your gpu may be configured incorrectly.

Hello, you sir, deserve a cookie. :)
It seems like my gpu was not correctly configured. Thanks. And sorry for the late reply, was having too much fun with osu!! :D
drum drum
Marking resolved