forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Having "Use skin's sound samples" untoggled

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Piine
Problem Details:
Having "Use skin's sound samples" un-toggled when having sound samples in your skin doesn't go back to osu's default skin sounds samples for most skin-able objects.
Such as this post right here contains. t/240466

Pretty sure the video in that post gives a prime example.

osu! version: 20140904.2cuttingedge
drum drum
Yeah, it's happening.
Shirayuki
Confirmed.

On b20140904.2cuttingedge (at the time of testing) if I toggle the option off, at least some certain default sounds will not play if the skin I'm using have those custom sounds, such as count1s.wav - count2s.wav and count3s.wav as well as gos.wav (most obvious and easiest to test)
Topic Starter
Piine
Bumping for confirming
Arnold0
Just so you know, in my post the "Use skin's sound samples" is toggeled ON but my skin DON'T have the sound files but osu! default one doesn't play (And they even doesn't play with default skin too, are they just deleted from cuttingedge build ??).
drum drum

Arnold0 wrote:

Just so you know, in my post the "Use skin's sound samples" is toggeled ON but my skin DON'T have the sound files but osu! default one doesn't play (And they even doesn't play with default skin too, are they just deleted from cuttingedge build ??).
That's the exact same thing this post is talking about >_>
TheVileOne
Confirmed.
MillhioreF
I'm not having the 3 2 1 GO sound effects played even on the default skin. Is this the bug that's being referred to, or does it happen on other samples too?
Topic Starter
Piine
Probably just the Countdown. Pretty sure most of the other samples are working (not sure)
drum drum
Custom skins don't play other hit sound samples if they don't have the files for them I believe
Ash Marley
I'm not sure if this is the same as what I have, but in my custom skin folder I have a hitsound that I want to use for every circle in every beatmap. I've tried everything in the options but it won't work. Can someone give me specific instructions on how to do it?
peppy
This has nothing to do with the toggle. The default skin is missing the samples completely.