forum

[Archived] Osu! just... stops communicating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eismis
Problem Details:
Short version: Osu! cuts off all communication.
Long version: Osu! now and then will randomly stop to recieve new messages to chats (whether it's #osu,#help or PMs), will stop sending out messages to all chats (#osu,#help, PMs, etc.), will not allow to spectate ANYONE, but hey, at least the scores are loading in :D. Oh yeah, you can't submit scores as well while this is happening (all it will say for the rest of the time is "Submitting scores..." -.-
The only (ONLY) way to fix this is to restart osu! itself. For a while, it'll help, but (oh no) all of this starts again.
And yes, there was at least one person with problem as well, but his post was archived without getting help t/196898
Oh, and I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit, programs runnings: AVG, Skype, Chrome, Osu!
Connection: perfect since I could go watch youtube and the chat in osu.ppy.sh was perfectly intact

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Here you go, enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZgXd8dqQs -.-

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Piine
Actually this happens to me on several occasions. Its usually fixed when I reopen the client. I thought it would probably have been a interference in connection seeing I use both the client as well as an IRC client to chat to osu! Though it doesn't seem to be the case seeing in most cases, I don't have IRC open and it still happens. I probably try to see if I can find a way to replicate it
Topic Starter
Eismis
Quick update: Even though for the person experiencing this problem everything will look normal (except chat), he will still upload his scores, but for everyone else he/she will be offline.
I can confirm about being offline because I had my better score upload, yet everyone in my friendlist saw me as if I was offline.
Bara-
t/216926/start=0
t/229331?hilit=unstable+internet
t/217065?hilit=+unstable+internet
t/201268?hilit=+unstable+internet
t/225517?hilit=+unstable+internet
t/171292?hilit=+unstable+internet
Just some thread which all have the same problem
It's unstable internet, You can do some stuff (Youtube, for example) but you can't do other stuff (Osu! etc.