forum

[Archived] Osu does not register me clicking menu buttons

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
E a g l e
Problem Details:

Recently the buttons that are in the pause/fail menu and the main menu buttons are not responding. The problem seems to appear at random because sometimes it button works and sometimes I have to press it ~8 times for it to react, problem occurs with both mouse and tablet, I tried enabling/disabling the osu tablet support and I tried other mouse aswell. The clicking problem also only occurs within the osu application itself, I got no problems outside of osu! whatsoever.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
Prendeon
I have the same problem as well. Also going on for a couple of months. I have to hover away from the button i want to click and go back and still it takes like 10 tries or just spamming
Marcin
Video of this would be helpful if can be provided.
Topic Starter
E a g l e
It is very hard to recreate the problem as it seems to happen at random, sometimes it doesnt even happen until two-three restarts afterwards I try to explain what happens further tough.

So what happens is that when I move my cursor over a button it "highlights" or increases ever so slightly in size like it is supposed to do but when I press the button nothing happens, this happens with both mouse and tablet and both with tabletPC support enabled. I tried disabling it, and same results. Worth to mention is that this only happens in osu and never in any other application. (Im running Windows 7 64bit with all drivers up to date).
Orange Mushroom
Have this problem too, the cursor expands like it always does when you click a mouse button, but when i click retry, back, watch replay etc. it takes about a million clicks to respond, sometimes spamming escape while I'm clicking helps or sometimes as Eagle said hovering away then clicking again, I really need a fix for this frustrating as hell.

And as Eagle said it is really random, sometimes it responds after the first click and sometimes after 10 clicks
Eni
Happened here too. If anyone else can make a video of the problem that would be great.
Orange Mushroom

Just pay attention to my clicks and how it doesn't respond sometimes.
Nerve_old
This has been happening to me for a few months as well. I'm glad it's not just me. I wish I could submit a detailed report; but what the OP said is accurate as I could ever be. Perhaps I'll submit a video in the near future.
drum drum
Does this just happen even on first start up or after a while?
Nerve_old

drum drum wrote:

Does this just happen even on first start up or after a while?
Usually right away but it seems to be random. It's very noticeable when you try to leave a song and you can't because your clicks suddenly fail to register for the menu options. It does look like they do happen because there's cursor feedback when clicking, just the menu and buttons just won't register it. (this can also happen in song selection)
Marcin
I have feeling this might have something to do with your programs running in background, do you mind running osu! on fresh windows? (without any programs running in tray)
Nerve_old

Marcin wrote:

I have feeling this might have something to do with your programs running in background, do you mind running osu! on fresh windows? (without any programs running in tray)
I keep note of every single service, driver, firmware of my devices, pretty much anything to do with my PC. I'm a OCD power user. No other game does anything remotely like this(I have over 400 on steam). I've tried to do clean installs of osu as well.

I'm not convinced that Osu! is worth a fresh reinstall of windows to be honest.
Shirayuki
Are you using a Tablet? In that case, did you try to turn on "Enable OS TabletPC support" under option??
drum drum
Ohhh, have you restarted your computer yet? It could be an input bug. It could also be the system is lagging..

What are the system specifications of your computer? I feel like this could be useful in some way. Also, any external devices you might be using.
Marcin
By fresh I meant no programs in tray...

not windows reinstall >_>
Nerve_old

Shirayuki wrote:

Are you using a Tablet? In that case, did you try to turn on "Enable OS TabletPC support" under option??
I do have one but I haven't used it in months. I've cleared its drivers from my system. This should not be an issue.

Marcin wrote:

By fresh I meant no programs in tray...

not windows reinstall >_>
OK :) The only things running is nod32, there's an exception for Osu! already; CCC, my video driver control panel &; my audio driver control panel. Any other suggestions?

drum drum wrote:

Ohhh, have you restarted your computer yet? It could be an input bug. It could also be the system is lagging..

What are the system specifications of your computer? I feel like this could be useful in some way. Also, any external devices you might be using.
Yes I've restarted my computer.

- Windows 8.1
- 16GB DDR3 RAM
- Asus Formula Maximus VI motherboard
- 7970 3GB GDDR 5 (latest drivers)
- 144hz monitor (Running at 144hz)
- M65 Corsair mouse (1000hz polling rate)
- K70 Corsair keyboard (1000hz polling rate)

I've tried just about every setting in Osu!.

Is there any capture program that can log my mouse clicks while recording video?
Hestia-
I am having this problem as well. It becomes especially apparent in the editor and it seems to get fixed if I change the fps setting to 120 or 240 instead of unlimited, but 120 and 240 don't have smooth gameplay for me so I don't like using them.

I'm using Windows 8.1
drum drum

Nerve wrote:

Is there any capture program that can log my mouse clicks while recording video?
Enable mouse ripples