forum

[Archived] Osu Crashing when using direct X after a few minutes.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vermillion
Problem Details: Osu randomly crashes. Just updated to the latest nvidia driver and it started crashing.

Hopefully this can help.

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
at #rb.#Hb.#Yt()
at #rb.#xb.#Is()
at #rb.#xb.#Hs()
at #rb.#xb.#Ss(Object , EventArgs )
at #rb.#Bb.#dt()
at #rb.#Sb.#tv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #rb.#Sb.Run()
at #rb.#xb.Run()
at #Og.#Vo.#gvb(String , Boolean )
drum drum
The problem is osu! can't find your graphics driver. That or it crashed. Does this happen frequently during some sort of interface?

Some resolved threads:
t/226276/
t/210545

After some digging

MillhioreF wrote:

Something is going wrong with your graphics card. Try updating your video card drivers, or reinstalling them if they're already up to date.
Topic Starter
Vermillion
Tested it a little more while monitoring my GPU temp. Framerates go up to around 600 with the GPU nearly over heating at 95 degress C.
Only happens when it reaches temperatures that high.

It's weird though cause this GPU auto underclocks (laptop) and i've been playing games that are even more intensive than this with it heating up to 95 constantly.

Works now with the 240 fps limit on. Though i would love more fps if possible.

Oh and it's using the latest graphic card drivers. The 344.11 one.
Marcin
Well, try using cooling pad + clean your fans? Maybe your laptop has some dust stuck? There is not much we can help you in that matter.
Topic Starter
Vermillion
Tried it again. It crashes sometimes when it is set on unlimited (gameplay) and it also said an error was present in osu and is reported when i used 240fps.