forum

[Archived] Is it possible to disable Windows 8/8.1 aero's input lag?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lightiezi
Problem Details:

Well, as I said before, Is it possible to disable Windows 8/8.1 aero's input lag? in Windows 7 it was easy , i just had to switch aero theme to classic one, or just playing in fullscreen mode, now in windows 8/8.1 what do I have to do? Thanks in advance!

ps: I don't know if this is the right place of the forum to ask, so if i'm wrong to post this thread here i'm really sorry!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
IA42
try this
t/177218
TakuMii
I've tried all sorts of things, and I think full screen (or switching back to Windows 7 ;P) is your only option. Even if you manage to disable DWM in Windows 8/8.1, there is still a small amount of latency.
MillhioreF
The only real way is to use fullscreen (not borderless) unfortunately.
TheVileOne

MillhioreF wrote:

The only real way is to use fullscreen (not borderless) unfortunately.
Couldn't you also end process explorer.exe? You wouldn't have access to your desktop if you do though.
Topic Starter
Lightiezi
Oh well, i really wanted to switch to w8, but i'll just stick to w7 then, I cannot stand playing fullscreen , its kinda annoying for me :P , thanks guys for replying!
drum drum

Lightiezi wrote:

Oh well, i really wanted to switch to w8, but i'll just stick to w7 then, I cannot stand playing fullscreen , its kinda annoying for me :P , thanks guys for replying!
People who upgrade from w7 to w8 will usually end up with problems. On windows 8, fullscreen will induce screen tearing anyways. It's best to keep the OS your computer came with unless it's absolutely necessary.