forum

[Archived] Sound problems with gamecom 780's

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
miztik
Problem Details: Recently picked up the Plantronic Gamecom 780's and im getting bad sound glitches on the in-game menu and whilst playing maps im getting alot of sound delays etc, I had the same problem when i tried playing osu using my sound card (Asus Xonar DX). Just wondering if there is any fix. Any help would be great.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Cant post video as OBS Recording doesnt pick up osu sound (Volume mixer doesnt show that it exists)

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
NeVMiku
Quote from the original site (here): "The Plantronics GameCom 780 USB headset with Dolby® technologies transforms standard audio into a stunning 7.1 surround sound experience."

I think the problem lies with your headphones trying to make your osu! audio turn into a 7.1 surround sound with Dolby Digital. If you can disable this feature that should fix it.
Topic Starter
miztik

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Quote from the original site (here): "The Plantronics GameCom 780 USB headset with Dolby® technologies transforms standard audio into a stunning 7.1 surround sound experience."

I think the problem lies with your headphones trying to make your osu! audio turn into a 7.1 surround sound with Dolby Digital. If you can disable this feature that should fix it.
Yeah i thought that was the problem, i'm not too sure how to disable the feature but i did change the headphones to stereo in the sound configuration panel but that didnt seem to help anything. Thanks for the reply!
NeVMiku
On the site there is also a software available for your headphones. Have you tried it with the headphones or vice versa?

Ah right, I found that the headphones are stereo but the software that is available makes it seems surround. Try your headphones without any drivers/software.

There is also apparently a way to switch between surround and stereo on your headphones. Give that a try.

Product Sheet (pdf): http://www.plantronics.com/media/media-resources/literature/computer_audio/gamecom-780-ps-en-gb.pdf
Topic Starter
miztik

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

On the site there is also a software available for your headphones. Have you tried it with the headphones or vice versa?

Ah right, I found that the headphones are stereo but the software that is available makes it seems surround. Try your headphones without any drivers/software.

There is also apparently a way to switch between surround and stereo on your headphones. Give that a try.

Product Sheet (pdf): http://www.plantronics.com/media/media-resources/literature/computer_audio/gamecom-780-ps-en-gb.pdf
I'm not sure how to switch between surround and stereo, could it be the button on the headphones that switches the mode? im guessing its that. Ill uninstall the drivers and give it a try, yet again thanks for the reply. I appreciate it :)
Topic Starter
miztik
Uninstalling the software seemed to have done the trick, thank you so much for your help... Been trying to fix this for about a week now, Cant thank you enough :)