forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd
it's in Pesos.

TBH we do have it pretty easy here in Australia.. this is the PC stuff I've bought, just from the youth allowance I get from the government for being a student. They give me too much money lol.
Kyonko Hizara
I couldn't go with anything less than 8gb of RAM
BrokenArrow
Oh.
But yeah you should definitely get an AMD processor because they're more cost-efficient in that prize category
RAM is pretty cheap these days so at least picking up 8GB shouldn't be too much of an obstacle, you'll be good with that for the next 5 years unless you do some crazy multimedia stuff

Are you planning to play games on it or is it just for browsing/working purposes? You probably won't be able to play many games (from this decade, that is) with that setup, so I'd suggest saving up more money and/or not buying a pre-built pc as they're even more expensive most of the time
Trash Boat
It's for us, we are planning to do whatever we want with it, but most of the time could be for games. I don't plan playing stuff like Remember Me, more like the things in my wish list. Resuming, we'll be fine. Whenever I want to stream stuff, I'll upgrade it
Tsukimi Luna

There are a few accounts in Formula 1 in the 1980s~90s where new drivers were killed...
It feels so ironic
How they manage to achieve their goal after they put in their life's worth of effort only to have their life robbed away after their 1st or 2nd race of their life in Formula 1
I cant help but feel so depressed...

And theres something even more depressing than that..
The day after that which was race day Ayrton Senna brought an mini Austrian flag with him on his race car
He intended to wave it after he finished the race in honour of him
And the former world champion perished in the same corner in the same circuit during the race...

I really never thought that conincidence can come to this level
And i thought that things was bad for me....

And.... that F1 weekend was probably one of the most depressing weekends for F1 fans back then...
piruchan
Any particular reason posting about F1 at midnight?
Kyonko Hizara

BrokenArrow wrote:

Oh.
But yeah you should definitely get an AMD processor because they're more cost-efficient in that prize category
RAM is pretty cheap these days so at least picking up 8GB shouldn't be too much of an obstacle, you'll be good with that for the next 5 years unless you do some crazy multimedia stuff

Are you planning to play games on it or is it just for browsing/working purposes? You probably won't be able to play many games (from this decade, that is) with that setup, so I'd suggest saving up more money and/or not buying a pre-built pc as they're even more expensive most of the time
Good RAM is almost twice the price now as it was a bit over a year ago. It might just depend what you're going for tho.
Birdy
Trash Boat

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Reminder.
fak dat reminder

hurr durr bad jokes 8-)
Birdy

Trash Boat wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Reminder.
fak dat reminder

hurr durr bad jokes 8-)
I'm glad to see that your posts are still absolutely terrible.

Keep it up, OT.
Trash Boat
I'm glad that your sense of humor didn't improve that much. It's just a joke, take it easy
Kyonko Hizara
I used to navigate Nico Nico Douga in German with the minimal skills I had. I'm glad it's in English now since whatever German I knew has completely faded away.
Bweh
When people don't laugh at my jokes it must be their shit taste at work

Of course I mean that sarcastically, since I'm honestly afraid my point won't get across if I don't spoonfeed it to you.
Vuelo Eluko
wow you're full of yourself brian oa just because someone doesnt think your jokes are funny doesnt mean they have shit tastes
u got problems meng
Trash Boat
I could see it by miles away. But let me clarify something, why would you want to fak every word? It's not funny at all
AutoMedic

Brian OA wrote:

When people don't laugh at my jokes it must be their shit taste at work

Of course I mean that sarcastically, since I'm honestly afraid my point won't get across if I don't spoonfeed it to you.
Bweh

Trash Boat wrote:

I could see it by miles away. But let me clarify something, why would you want to fak every word? It's not funny at all
Given how this is being done on Twitter I'd say it's not exactly done for laughs but just done so that you can just retweet it or some shit when needed.
Granger
So i've read a 75 page thread on some Dwarf fortress forum how they could train their newborns into supersoldiers. How much thought they put and how detailed they plan this out both terrifies and awes me.

On a unrelated note; Water and Electricity are back and working normally again...
AutoMedic
A link would be appreciated Granger
Granger
There you go...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91093

Locking their kids in tiny cells with decorations/food worthy of a god, containing a pack of rabid dogs... for 12 years with no going outside or any social contacts.
Exposing them to death and murder, keeping them under constant life danger...

Edit: Damnit, appartently my sister got a laptop now too and is using the wlan for something, severly crippling my connection. Suddenly going from 50mb/s to <1mb/s... what the hell is she doing?
I guess i can forget any kind of online playing now... my net wont be stable enough, nor fast enough. Hell this page took a whopping minute to load...
Trash Boat
tried asking her?
AutoMedic
Hey trash boat do you have a spare copy of Audiosurf?
Granger

Trash Boat wrote:

tried asking her?
No but she's probably downloading a ton of HD videos...
BrokenArrow

Granger wrote:

Edit: Damnit, appartently my sister got a laptop now too and is using the wlan for something, severly crippling my connection. Suddenly going from 50mb/s to <1mb/s... what the hell is she doing?
I guess i can forget any kind of online playing now... my net wont be stable enough, nor fast enough. Hell this page took a whopping minute to load...
I can relate to this so much except that my connection drops from 600kb/s to ~100kb/s with a constant three-digit ping

If your router allows it you might be able to limit her bandwidth without her noticing it
Or alternatively if you get a chance to use her laptop while she's away you might be able to install some program that runs in the background and limits her download speed (NetLimiter). At least that's how I did it before my siblings realized something was wrong
Azure_Kite
So the headset I've been using for the past 4 years died today. The wires to the right earpiece have broken inside the left earpiece, as they work their way through there and through the headbrace/headband. I can't seem to find any screws or removable parts to get inside there without breaking it, so yeah.

RIP Headphones. You have served me well.

BrokenArrow wrote:

I can relate to this so much except that my connection drops from 600kb/s to ~100kb/s with a constant three-digit ping

If your router allows it you might be able to limit her bandwidth without her noticing it
Or alternatively if you get a chance to use her laptop while she's away you might be able to install some program that runs in the background and limits her download speed (NetLimiter). At least that's how I did it before my siblings realized something was wrong
That's basically what I do for my interweb connection. I live in shared accommodation and I let people use the internet, but I'm taking priority over bandwidth, because I want to be able to internet when I want to internet.
AutoMedic
I'm going to Osaka next week

Is there anything good in there. I'm gonna visit my aunt while hunting for good food
Granger

BrokenArrow wrote:

Thats so... mean. I like it!

I dont have router access though, the network is owned by my parents, but im going to try the NetLiminter... maybe. It wont be easy to get access to her computer (windows loginscreen is enabled, on that note maybe i should do that now too, to avoid the very same thing...) or even installing stuff though, she doesnt have administrator rights my parents deem her not responsible enough to take care of a PC without breaking it.
Trash Boat
sorry Sonatora, Steam Wallet Cards are a no-no for the moment. but try searching for giveaway sites. I hope they work
B1rd
50 mb/s? I am envious..
Zelda
IppE
Why is kosai such a bum
Zelda
Because he touches himself at night.
Touching yourself at night makes you a bum.
Do not touch yourself at night.
Azure_Kite
Is contemplative beard stroking at night considered touching yourself? I mean, I get most of my best ideas doing this, so I hope that isn't a statement about the quality of my normal thought processes.
Zelda
Yes.
Yes, it is.
Azure_Kite
Sadface :(
Trash Boat
No it isn't
IppE
Good thing I do the touching myself thing in the evening and not during the night.
silmarilen
B1rd
very nice. always liked the looks of those elvish swords.
Vuelo Eluko
typical korean talent

people with good genes disgust me
show more