forum

[Archived] Extremly long load after retry on storyboarded maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Problem Details:

Hi,

On a map with many storyboard elements, after you fail the map and you click retry, the map take almost 20sec to restart.
I saw this on this map : https://osu.ppy.sh/b/418725

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

You see I play the map and fail at 2:30, then I click retry and the map takes almost 20 sec to restart.

EDIT : I saw this map was removed because of konamy, but I think this bug may happen on other maps now or latter, so yeah If you yant the map with the mp3 file to test this bug yourself pm me.

RE-EDIT : Not needed, for now the MP3 is still on the map.

osu! version: cuttingedge-49
Shivarion
i usually happen this if using perfect mode. but it just takes less than 10 sec. and i'm not really sure if this only happen with beatmap that contain SB.
or it's just because my wooden pc ....?
drum drum
Isn't this pretty normal?
Shivarion

drum drum wrote:

Isn't this pretty normal?
of course not
Topic Starter
Arnold0
I don't think having the map taking like 20 sec to restart is normal ;)
drum drum

Arnold0 wrote:

I don't think having the map taking like 20 sec to restart is normal ;)
Does it happen even with storyboard disabled?
TheVileOne
It only takes three seconds for me to retry on that map. I haven't looked at that part of the code much, it might be related to the game, but probably it just had to take a long time to load the storyboard. This is low priority on my things to do atm.
drum drum
The sheer size of the storyboard is pretty massive. Being that the osb is >218k lines.
Nathanael
The map loads for me about 3-4 seconds regardless of the storyboard enabled/disabled.
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Does not happen on first load, but on retry (I did it after failing I don't know if just retry does the same).
Also I tested, it does this with story board enabled but does seem to reload normaly when disabled.