forum

[Archived] BeatmapSetId resetting after metadata changes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
captin1
Problem Details:
I've noticed that I've been seeing and deleting many more duplicated mapsets recently, and I think the cause is from this line. Changing the metadata (artist, title) of an already submitted mapset can cause some, but not all of the difficulties to reset to a -1 value in the BeatmapSetId line, and then when one updates from an affected difficulty, it treats the whole set as a new one and duplicates it. But, if you update from another difficulty that did not get changed, then the map updates normally.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Will do more testing on this when I get home from work.
For now, if anyone has been affected by this, contacting a BAT to delete one of the maps is best.

osu! version: 20140805.9 (latest)
Kin
I've this problem, So I tried something :

- I manually changed the beatmapID/beatmapsetID to the already submitted one
- After submission, it update the duplicated one.
- The diff used to open BSS will be the only one with the beatmapID/beatmapsetID from the duplicated one.
Topic Starter
captin1
replicating is really quite simple

1. take an already submitted beatmap
2. change the artist or the title to anything
3. exit editor
4. re-enter editor
5. save
6. check .osu file, the BeatmapSetId will reset to -1

any attempts to update after the metadata change will either create a new mapset if there is a slot available, or will be blocked if slots are full. The only way I was able to update was to replace the -1 with the actual ID from the site url, CTRL+L to revert to saved, and then immediately update.

it ends up making metadata changes frustrating, especially on a single diff approval mapset, where there is no chance of any other diffs being updateable
Nozhomi
Yep happened to me just now. Huge bug and really annoying !
Thanks to Kin to save me with this bug, but the manipulation is quite hard to fix the problem.

Do something pls.
Kin
I'll edit my 1st post to say how to "dodge/evade" this bug

OK no, we can't anymore
Nathanael
This goes the same when changing the difficulty.

1. Submit a beatmap with a single difficulty
2. Restart osu! just in case of saving the beatmap ID and its set ID.
3. Go to the editor (selection screen) and check the beatmap status. It should be pending.
4. Open the beatmap and change the difficulty name to something else.
5. Save the beatmap and go back to the selection screen. It should say "Not submitted" so I think it is the same.
I posted two screenshots of this somewhere else.
Topic Starter
captin1
bump, still an issue i believe
Bara-
It is
I needed to change song name due to error
When uploading, it needed another free slot as ny slots were full
Manually editing the .osu file for that data worked though
I wish the BeatmapID trick always worked, so you can freely upload new maps, if you want to completely delete a map