[Archived] (OBS)Can someone help me set up a ahk song updater

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aarow
Problem Details:

I find the steps of the wiki confusing
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Live_streaming_osu!#Insert_the_song_you_are_playing
Can someone who has set it up give me more specific directions?
Please and thanks!

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Full Tablet
1) Install AutoHotkey http://ahkscript.org/download/
2) Open Notepad.
3) Paste the contents of the script shown in the wiki to the notepad
4) Search for the line "YourPath = D:\Games\osu!\" and change it according to where you have installed osu! (For example, if you have osu! installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\", change it to that)
5) Save the text in notepad. Save it somewhere with name "SongUpdater.ahk" (make sure you select (*.*) as the file type when saving).
6) The file you saved should have AutoHotkey's icon. Double click it. An icon should appear in the task bar.
7) Open osu!
8) Press Alt+S
9) In OBS, add to the scene a source of type "text". Change settings according to how you want it to look, and select "Use text from file" and browse to your osu! folder, select actualSong.txt

When you are done with streaming osu!, stop the script by right clicking the icon that appeared when you double-clicked the script file you made.
Skyreon
NEVER MIND MY ORIGINAL POST BELOW IT WORKED after I enabled "Integrate with MSN Live status display". Thank you for this post Full Tablet!

- - - - -

Thanks for this list! The wiki article confused me a bit too.

actualSong.txt never appeared for me.... until I changed YourPath from "[...] \osu!" to "[...] \osu!\" so I now have the actualSong.txt in my osu! folder.

However it only says "Selecting song".

It is forever looping the if statement :(

if ActiveTitle = osu!
{
fileappend, Selecting song..., %YourPath%actualSong.txt
}
else
{
fileappend, +++++ Now playing: %ActSong%,%YourPath%actualSong.txt
}

I've tried playing a song, restarting osu as well as AutoHotkey, but it doesn't seem to help. Any advice on this?
Flanster
okay, next time dont necropost