forum

[Archived] [osu!test] New updater stops Bancho connect, locks user out

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TyroneSama
Problem Details: When switching to the "new" updater method via the prompt in osu!test, the game becomes unplayable: osu! fails to connect to Bancho, yelling about up-to-date versions, and clicking Play gives the standard message about non-supporters using the test build, locking further progress. Relaunching changes nothing.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140818.7test

Can't find a duplicate, pls forgive if I missed it.
- Marco -
Confirm

Topic Starter
TyroneSama
Update: redownloading from the updater gives me instant crashes on selecting a beatmap, either straight to error report or by a breakpoint. Test build, if redownloaded, crashes on startup.
- Marco -
System.Exception: Your graphics card has reported texture corruption.
This is probably a result of not having enough graphics RAM. You may want to try swapping your renderer or lowering your graphics settings.

everytime cuttingedge tries to update :c
drum drum
Change back to stable then.

I don't have this problem.

- Marco -
Oh, well... i will wait next cuttingedge version then *sad*.
Arnold0
When I started the test build I was not locked out of bancho and got a message saying me a new update system was availlable then I got the exactc same thing as what was posted by drum drum. I did go to cutting edge and was not locked out, osu!test.exe was deleted and now I must use osu!.exe to start the game but bancho works fine.
Topic Starter
TyroneSama
Hrm. Tried again on a clean install and it worked fine (new updater functions as intended), tried once more and it's as broken as the first try. Looking for repro.
drum drum
I'm confused as to whether it's the cutting edge version or not.
Topic Starter
TyroneSama

drum drum wrote:

I'm confused as to whether it's the cutting edge version or not.
Problems arise when I start osu.exe after opting in to the new updater. Will explore this more after a night's rest, assuming peppy hasn't already fixed everything.
drum drum

I think he's on it already.

Peppy has gone maximum updatedrive
hoshisorakiseki
i just want to download the stable build automatelly after the switching...