forum

[Archived] Slight delay during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stategamer
Problem Details:
Ever since two maybe three patches ago my OSU gameplay just doesnt feel the same anymore. I recon I haven't changed any settings and never really play with the offset buttons during gameplay +/- , my sensitivity is still at 1x, haven't changed my skin or updated it and no raw input has been selected. Hopefully this might be a common problem with an easy fix.

Thanks in advance

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
N/a at the moment, but if needed i'll make a video

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Bara-
Did you check universal offset?
Set that to 0
Topic Starter
stategamer

baraatje123 wrote:

Set that to 0
I just checked and it's set at 0.
Also i'm using a tablet if thats any help.

Cheers!
DothThouHoist

stategamer wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

Set that to 0
I just checked and it's set at 0.
Also i'm using a tablet if thats any help.

Cheers!
That may just be a FPS problem or processing problem, sometimes i find that if i've run osu for quite sometimes the FPS will drop somewhat unstable and there will be slight delays here and there... If it continues to happen you could either change the universal offset to sync with the delay (but it will feel weird while playing) or if you haven't already check your tablet settings (there might be a problem there)
normally, (outside of osu) are there any problems? or just specifically during gameplay?
Topic Starter
stategamer
That may just be a FPS problem or processing problem, sometimes i find that if i've run osu for quite sometimes the FPS will drop somewhat unstable and there will be slight delays here and there... If it continues to happen you could either change the universal offset to sync with the delay (but it will feel weird while playing) or if you haven't already check your tablet settings (there might be a problem there)
normally, (outside of osu) are there any problems? or just specifically during gameplay?
I'm rather certain its not a fps problem since my 780 can run this game rather well (2k+ fps constant), also checked the tablet settings like you mentioned and it's all fine outside of OSU :/

I do however recently gotten a corrupted beatmap that i can't delete because it doesn't mention which beatmap...

Thanks anyway!
DothThouHoist

stategamer wrote:

I'm rather certain its not a fps problem since my 780 can run this game rather well (2k+ fps constant), also checked the tablet settings like you mentioned and it's all fine outside of OSU :/

I do however recently gotten a corrupted beatmap that i can't delete because it doesn't mention which beatmap...

Thanks anyway!
Well i don't really know anything besides that, that could cause delays... (If possible when playing osu just keep osu on. Close other programs (If it's a program that constantly updates it could cause delays to other programs))

For the beatmap problem it may just be an incomplete beatmap, sometimes osu does this...
Have you checked the "Failed" osu song file? It might be there
If not, and theres just an empty failed fail, it's most likely incomplete but still playable (without bugs that would cause problems)
Topic Starter
stategamer
I may have found part of the problem, my brother used this pc and felt free to adjust my tablet settings ( he remapped the hitarea on my tablet )... but it appears it does not save previous settings (or does it?) so I can't go back to what it was?

Anyway I'm pretty certain this is the cause that made it feel like there was a delay ( the only time i really notice it )

Thanks guys!

P.s. if there is a way to revert settings with a wacom bamboo tablet, do tell! :o
Shirayuki
Just to make sure, but you are playing on DirectX with Unlimited fps right? In that case, did you try D3D antilag?
Topic Starter
stategamer

Shirayuki wrote:

Just to make sure, but you are playing on DirectX with Unlimited fps right? In that case, did you try D3D antilag?
This seems to have quite the positive effect so far, will keep trying this. Thanks!