forum

Glorious Introduction Tutorial

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
So you want to add another introduction thread to the heap, but don't know what to write? Don't worry, here are some tips.

Topic Title

1. Instead of using something generic like "Hello!" or "Hi, everyone!", try something a bit more creative, like "French fries are illegal!", but with less food and more introduction.
  2. Use proper capitalisation. Those shift keys are there for a reason.
Content

1. Don't think too hard about it. Write your introduction in the same style you normally use when writing posts. That way, we'll know which users to ignore from the start. :>
  2. Please, don't use illegible font colors in your posts. Ever.
  3. Feel free to include some details about yourself, but don't give us your whole life story; no one cares how old your pets are, or what your favourite soda flavour is.
  4. Keep it short. No one on the Internet will actually read anything longer than 500 symbols.
  5. If you can't think of anything to write about, telling us how you found the game is a good start.
Other things

Before or shortly after you introduce yourself...
  1. Get an avatar. It's a small picture displayed to the left of your post, and is basically your face on the forums. People remember new users by their avatars, not their nicknames, so make sure you use something unique and eye-catching.
    The biggest dimensions allowed are 128*128, and the file size limit is 88 KB. You can upload an avatar here.
  2. Add a signature. It's a bit of text and/or images displayed below every post you make. You can have pretty much whatever you want in there, as long as it's unobtrusive. Fifty flashing userbars is a good way to make people hate you.
    If you'd like to have your osu! ranking below your posts, this website is the place you want to go.
  3. Remember to follow the rules. Since you read through and accepted them when you registered, you should know them by heart now, right?
Enjoy your time on the osu! forums!
Saturos
Hi!

Welcome to the forums!
awp
Happy birthday, Saturos!

I fixed an error for you!
James
Congratulations peppy on having 3000+ posts!!
xerxes_oli
wow im amazed loginer can be nice and serious...sorta
James
yea its effective. i guess.
Shirotora_old
How to get some replies, tip one:

- Start an introduction tutorial.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
A dollar says loginer stickied this himself.
Saturos
He did.
Topic Starter
Loginer

Rolled wrote:

I can see how ranking your own map is evil, but stickying a tutorial? <.<
xerxes_oli

Rolled wrote:

Saturos wrote:

He did.
lolz i knew he did
Xiao_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos
I like this Xiao dude.
xerxes_oli

Saturos wrote:

I like this Xiao dude.
everybody does...
Topic Starter
Loginer

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Loginer wrote:

I can see how ranking your own map is evil, but stickying a tutorial? <.<
How retarded must one be in order to not know how to make an introduction thread?
Well, you'd be surprised. :/
awp
We get some exceptionally retarded people. Hang out in IRC more often, they're abound and definitely not shy.
Foffo_old

Download: Nana Mizuki - Nanairo Generator (Eddotan) [Hellzero's Win].osu
awp
IRC in two words:

MULTIPLAYER NOTEPAD.
Topic Starter
Loginer
Also, this tutorial takes up another point: Avatars. Most people do not upload an avatar when they register on a board, which makes it almost impossible to keep track on who's who. <_<

Foffo wrote:

Retarded people make the world go round!
Uhm, no wait.... whatever.
The thing is, an introduction has the purpose to show the tip of the iceberg we are ( ? ). It's all about common sense :p
Yet people fail at it. Look at the topic list, and see what title draws your attention. It most certainly isn't anything like "Hi" or "Hello".
awp
What draws your attention is if the username sounds female.
show more