forum

[resolved] [confirmed] A few problems with the new Jump To...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shivarion
hy guys i'm wondering how to play all the song in collection just like a playlist

you know... we can do that before :?
Nyquill

Shivarion wrote:

hy guys i'm wondering how to play all the song in collection just like a playlist

I ended up not implementing playlist functionality because uhm, I was stopped.

Unlikely it will happen.
Topic Starter
Flanster
Heres another one: if you press Escape from the screen, it selects another song in play state (like that recently fixed osudirect issue)
Shivarion

Nyquill wrote:

Unlikely it will happen.
what ? what do you mean ?
It's so unfortunate if we can't do that again T_T
Just like loosing one good point of osu! :(
Nyquill

LoliFlan wrote:

Heres another one: if you press Escape from the screen, it selects another song in play state (like that recently fixed osudirect issue)
I think I fixed that off-handedly along with the new fixes.
Seabert_old

Nyquill wrote:

Shivarion wrote:

Unlikely it will happen.
So we're just going to lose functionality that we've had forever? What's changed now?
Nyquill
Hello guys

My changes are now in test build. Please confirm that they work.

Thank you!
- Marco -
To me you solved only the first two problems :<
Nyquill
huh. I swear song history was fixed when I tested it. I'll look at it again. Should be the only thing left to do.
Shivarion
Please brings back playlist function :( it was really good
Nyquill
contrary to what changelog says, the changes are now in public.

Also, I'm going to look at making at least what we had before available again.
- Marco -
Sorry to bother you but problem 4,5,6 are still there :<
Nyquill

Nyquill wrote:

4. Intended.
5. Intended.
please read my responses more carefully next time, its only a page to scroll through...
Shivarion

Nyquill wrote:

Also, I'm going to look at making at least what we had before available again.
Wow glad to hear that !! :) :) Do your best >.<
Nyquill
I re-implemented the play pool functionality awaiting merge.

I'm still working on the play history being silly.
Nyquill
I have added back what we had before for playing from the filtered list as a song pool, and it is now in test build.

PLAY HISTORY Y U DO DIS
Seabert_old

Nyquill wrote:

I have added back what we had before for playing from the filtered list as a song pool, and it is now in test build.

PLAY HISTORY Y U DO DIS
I really appreciate it, thanks a lot!

Noticed something while checking it out, when a song is selected from the pool the last song will never be picked, for instance in http://puu.sh/aatqJ/cd63ee0792.jpg you'll never hit Dear Future no matter how many times you skip forward/backward.
Nyquill

Seabert wrote:

Nyquill wrote:

PLAY HISTORY Y U DO DIS
I really appreciate it, thanks a lot!

Noticed something while checking it out, when a song is selected from the pool the last song will never be picked, for instance in http://puu.sh/aatqJ/cd63ee0792.jpg you'll never hit Dear Future no matter how many times you skip forward/backward.
seems to be something that deals with the upper limit of random itself, easy enough to fix but my setup died, I'll work on it once I get it fixed.
Blaizer
Could you perhaps make the random better so it goes through more different songs instead of picking the same songs? I seem to get the same song played twice within a few songs time, and it's not really pleasant. You could try using a Mersenne Twister (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersenne_twister) as your RNG.
peppy
The current RNG has a period of 2^128-1. It is far more than ever necessary for osu!. What you are tlaking about is the fact that you are human and expect random numbers to be more "random", where "random" depends on the scenario.

The best way to fix this is to store a history of recent plays and not play them again. This is of course a possibility. Just keep in mind this is making it LESS random, not more ;).
Blaizer
I understand this, and I never said "make it more random". It's just that for a jukebox, it's better to have a shuffle system than a more "random" system (or shall we say, a system where it's harder to predict the next song to be chosen). For example, iTunes' shuffle system literally plays each song in a list once. Another example is the radio. You'd never hear the same song on the radio played twice within even a few hours time. You could have a shuffle system, or you could use a mersenne twister. Both will probably make the jukebox a lot better.
Nyquill
I fixed random not ever selecting the last song in my branch. Going to start on making random ignore songs from recent history.