forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
bmin11
Wow, that's a Torres or two.

Chelsea actually do spend quite a lot. It's just that most were quite young, so the transfer fee doesn't really reflect their strength.
Tanzklaue
wasn't chelsea the original oil club?
fntx
alexis --> arsenal *o*
Vish024
Probably the best montage of the world cup, ESPN go one better than CBC here.

In other news Conte replaced by Allegri at Juve, and they've lost Iturbe and look like they're about to lose Pogba and Vidal. Looks shambolic for the Old Lady.
Tanzklaue
if you watched those highlights you would think that germany was a surprise winner. almost no attention to german games :/
bmin11

Tanzklaue wrote:

wasn't chelsea the original oil club?
Yup. We were pretty much Man City in terms of spending power compare to other clubs (excluding Real Madrid).
Tanzklaue
so apparently every german player is a racist now because they depicted the argentines as sad in the "Gaucho-Gate", which was interpreted as racist and nationalsoialistic.

i am done.
Fabi
Gee, I wonder who could be behind this.

Tanzklaue
actually this time it was just your guys and my guys :P

israelis too busy commiting unreasonable amounts of genocide to shame germany.
Fabi
Haha, I know, well Israel news did comment about your celebration. Here we don't really give a shit, on the contrary, we are happy you are celebrating it as you should!
There is just an uruguayan working here in Argentina who was complaining and calling you nazis, lol.
Vish024
We have Debuchy as a done deal.

Meanwhile...

Tanzklaue
Lahm resigned as a national player.

that's harsh :/ he would've been important in the european championship.
Jindujun93
Just read about Lahm resigning as well. But as usual here in Germany, people prefer to complain about his past mistakes and encourage his resignation instead of thanking him for what he did for the national team. I'll never get our fans, really.
Magicphoenix

Jindujun93 wrote:

Just read about Lahm resigning as well. But as usual here in Germany, people prefer to complain about his past mistakes and encourage his resignation instead of thanking him for what he did for the national team. I'll never get our fans, really.
People are complaining? About what? About him playing like the best player on the world that could ever be on his position? lol
Media here is kinda nuts anyway. It feels like they're depressive paparazzi whores who can't grant their own football national team some slack for WINNING and celebrating the WORLD CUP lol
Tanzklaue
Lahm easily is the best right winger of his generation, if not of all time. people who complain about him just show themselves as the stupid mongrels they are.
Jindujun93

Magicphoenix wrote:

People are complaining? About what? About him playing like the best player on the world that could ever be on his position? lol
Media here is kinda nuts anyway. It feels like they're depressive paparazzi whores who can't grant their own football national team some slack for WINNING and celebrating the WORLD CUP lol
They really are, yeah. I'm just as surprised as you are.
Things along the lines of he resigned because he wasn't allowed to play in midfield any longer, how he'd write his next book of criticism next and all those things. It's a pain to read through. Then again, as you said - nothing new. Both from the media and the following comments on the various sites that reported it.
Perhaps haters is the more fitting word instead of complaining? I guess so.
SpeechClass
Bayer Leverkusen fight to FC seoul in seoul worldcup stadium, Korea.
This match begins 7/30, I long for this day. :)
Vish024
Klose to retire after this coming season.

In other news various sources claim Remy has agreed on an 8m-ish quid move to Liverpool, Rodriguez has apparently agreed on a near world record fee to join Real Madrid and Fabio Borini has agreed to move to Sunderland for a 14m quid fee.
Tanzklaue
Klose was expected. he had a long successful career and i'm very happy that he got to be a world champion, so we can remember him as one of germany's brightest stars together with Fritz Walter, Franz Beckenbauer, Jürgen Klinsmann and all the other titlewinners.
SpeechClass
James:AS Monaco -> Real Madrid, 80m.
Vish024
It's 63m quid according to most sources. Real at it again, bloody hell.

Anyway a nice tribute to Juan Arango on the Bundesliga channel, leaving Borussia M'gladbach after a glorious few years at the club.

Magicphoenix

LaVolpe024 wrote:

It's 63m quid according to most sources. Real at it again, bloody hell.

Anyway a nice tribute to Juan Arango on the Bundesliga channel, leaving Borussia M'gladbach after a glorious few years at the club.

His player value is ~60m but the actual transfer cost was 80m

Also, where is Juan Arango now?
Juan Arango's 20km goals, never forget

ed: wow, I remember seeing him score some fuken amazing goals, but I didn't know he scored THAT MANY FUKEN AMAZING GOALS. bloody hell
Magnolia
shit post kthx for 250 posts
SpeechClass

Good luck to Frank Lampard, one of Chelsea legend!
Vish024
Yeah good luck to Frankie.

We're in NYC at the moment, playing a friendly with the Red Bulls on Sunday. Henry catching up with Arsene and the club.

bmin11
Drogba has returned to Chelsea with a year long contract! So much awesome transfer news. I can't handle it anymore.
Vish024
From an Arsenal viewpoint let's just say we're not too pleased to see ol' Drog back. Had some not-so-pleasant flashbacks when I read the news.

Anyway we've officially signed David Ospina from Nice for a bargain price by the looks of it. We're also in discussions with Soton over Calum Chambers and possibly Morgan Schneiderlin. Apparently Gnabry and Jenko may be going in their direction on loan.
E14

bmin11 wrote:

Drogba has returned to Chelsea with a year long contract! So much awesome transfer news. I can't handle it anymore.
The Legend came back again :)
bmin11
Lukaku moves to Everton. I fear this is going to be a mistake in the near future.

EDIT: Bertrand to Southhampton on loan. Great deal for both sides, but do we have enough home-growns? idk
Vish024
Hope Southampton can replace their departed stars. They've been completely raided this summer, though I'm sure they can just promote some newbloods from their youth teams.
Tanzklaue
Khedeira in the talks with both Bayern and Arsenal. Real doesn't want workhorses but rather artists, (it worked so well for the spanish team this world cup right?) so they want to sell him. Bayern prolly will get Khedeira, wish that he goes to Arsenal though :/
Vish024
It's always fucking Bayern, honestly if they manage to pull Reus within the next year as well I'll be godamn pissed. At some point they'll probably have the whole national team.
Cherry Blossom
but they will not get ozil x)
Trash Boat
Rest In Peace Julio Humberto Grondona, President of the Argentine Football Association
1931-2014
Magicphoenix

LaVolpe024 wrote:

It's always fucking Bayern, honestly if they manage to pull Reus within the next year as well I'll be godamn pissed. At some point they'll probably have the whole national team.
I mean, whoever's got the money amirite...
Honestly, I find it a bit sad that many (young) players get bought up by Bayern and then they rot on the bank for 2 years. Lots of wasted potential and time (and probably opportunities to have a happy/exciting career)
I guess it's cool for me as a fan that we have so many great players but we've already been at that point for a long time where we just buy whoever we want and that person comes 'coz we have the name and the money. My biggest deal I have with that is because it's getting boring
Oh well, that's just how it goes I suppose. I still love Bayern :)

PS: On the bright side, every buy we had these few 2-3 years has been a great addition to the team. Lewandowski is already playing like a fucken BEAST. Like, WOW. Love this guy xD
Vish024
Problem is it seems like Bayern is simply buying out the rest of the Bundesliga. They're generating some great talent from their youth system, as we've seen recently, but they're greatly weakening other clubs. I'm just afraid that players like Draxler and Reus will also be absorbed by Bayern. The domestic scene needs competition, it's what keeps it interesting and healthy like in France, Netherlands and England. If Bayern trounces everyone and dominates the scene for several seasons it'll lose its glamour. I want to see other clubs like BVB, Schalke and Leverkusen giving them a good run.
Tanzklaue
no schalke shouldn't give them a run.

fuck schalke.
Cherry Blossom
wth is that Sanogo, hat trick against Benfica.
but anyway, he won the U21 world cup with someone else called Pogba :)
bmin11
lol lol lol we lost to Werder Bremen by 0:3. I don't think moving Torres to the winger side isn't working at all. Mourinho has been testing this for the past few friendlies, but it's just not showing anything positive out of him.
Tanzklaue
we have some rumors about transfers in stuttgart, a mexican dude and i think someone from barca? I don't know that much about it, but i hope some people come to stuttgart. only 2 nürnberger and gruezo from ecuador are confirmed :/
show more