forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
mockingod
Did you install Razer Synapse since the last time you opened it?
Kurogamii

LittleFishy wrote:

My game wont load anymore for some reason. I have tried re-installing it but had no luck. I dont know how this happened or how to fix it. Please help
what does it said?
or is it only bouncing on the dock and then disappear?
Wulfzz

Nuek wrote:

Were there any solutions for the mentioned delay? i am still needing to use -200 universal offset with effects turned off. what could be causing this? and does that inply there could be huge lag on my system even outside osu?

I am playing windowed 1024x768, frame rate is always stable
2.3 i7
8g ram
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Thanks
I actually have the same problem, although i'm running an old mac. I think it has something to do with a delay on the keyboard-input.
I'm not sure though. Would appreciate any help.

I've tried running only osu! and a black background (not automatically changing). Didn't help. ._.

My specs
Processor: Intel Core Duo @2,4GHz
RAM: 8GB 1067MHz DDR3
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 320M 256MB
LittleFishy_old

mockingod wrote:

Did you install Razer Synapse since the last time you opened it?
Actually, yes. I noticed that it hasnt been working since i installed Razer Synapse but then again I havent played osu for a while long before I installed it so i assumed the game was simply not up-to-date. Does Razer Synapse interfere with the game?
LittleFishy_old

Kurogamii wrote:

LittleFishy wrote:

My game wont load anymore for some reason. I have tried re-installing it but had no luck. I dont know how this happened or how to fix it. Please help
what does it said?
or is it only bouncing on the dock and then disappear?
It's only bouncing on the dock then disappearing as if the app opens then immediately closes on its own.
Scakk
That's like mine, and yeah it's because of Razer Synapse being installed. Is there a way of playing osu with out Synapse being removed?
mockingod
Yes, apparently there is something in Razer Synapse 2.0 that interferes with Osu! on your mac. It seems to be Osu!'s fault, as it used to work before with Razer Synapse a long time ago (I used Synapse too).

Unfortunately there has been no solution for it posted since it started happening. I have no idea what the problem is myself. It's been suggested that you find an older version of synapse for your mac (1.2 or something). People said that still works.
Scakk

mockingod wrote:

Yes, apparently there is something in Razer Synapse 2.0 that interferes with Osu! on your mac. It seems to be Osu!'s fault, as it used to work before with Razer Synapse a long time ago (I used Synapse too).

Unfortunately there has been no solution for it posted since it started happening. I have no idea what the problem is myself. It's been suggested that you find an older version of synapse for your mac (1.2 or something). People said that still works.
I can't find any old Synapse for mac, mind helping me? :)
Kurogamii
probably someone in here should upload it (synapse 1.2) then give it here
searching in google are too damn difficult
mockingod
Sorry, can't help you there. I started using my trackpad as a tablet before Synapse stopped working, then just uninstalled synapse and kept playing. I now own a tablet and haven't used my Razer Mouse for Osu in well over 5 months.

I recall someone has found an earlier version, though. I can try googling in my free time later.
Hamster Only
I'm not sure if anyone post this here yet, but some mouse like the deathadder 2013 has onboard memory. You can install synapse 2.0, set the dpi, polling rate, and the acceleration that you want, unplug the mouse, uninstall synapse, restart your mac, and plug the mouse back in. The settings should be saved so you can play Osu on the settings you want without using synapse 2.0. The only problem is that you would be stuck on that setting for all other applications unless you reinstall synapse again. Look up if your mouse has onboard memory before you do this.
Kurogamii
i ask for it not for myself but for others who have the synapse problem
actually i don't have any razer things, and apple's trackpad is more than enough for everyday use and playing some game
Wafuuu
I can't get osu to work on my Mac, the icon shows at the dock but nothing appears, what do i do?
Kurogamii
have you ever uninstall then download it again?
or do you use razer synapse?
Wafuuu
i've already uninstalled and redownloaded it, and yes i use razer sypnase
FabulousCupcake

Wafuuu wrote:

Apparently there's a problem with razer synapse and osu on mac.

Possible solutions are to downgrade to synapse version 1.2, or perhaps uninstall synapse altogether.

I don't use razer synapse
Nekowaifu
I'm having issues with my client. Whenever a song has the * symbol in it, wherever it may be, I can't import the song to Osu. Is there any reason why?
Wafuuu

s4nji wrote:

Wafuuu wrote:

Apparently there's a problem with razer synapse and osu on mac.

Possible solutions are to downgrade to synapse version 1.2, or perhaps uninstall synapse altogether.

I don't use razer synapse

omg thanks soo much!!!
Scakk
This is terrible, I can't play osu if synapse is installed ;_; I can't find the version 1.12 for synapse, I've tried asking razer and they didn't reply (foreveralone)
Kurogamii
why not try using other mouse (non razer mouse)
mockingod
Because it would be a waste of money if you cant use the gaming mouse you bought because of a silly compatibility issue with the latest version
gotmilkyyyy
HI, im having some lag issues with osu. When im on the start up screen or get into a song, i get aroun 120 fps. However when the slide things load up, my game stutters and fps drops making it very difficult to play. Is there a fix for this? Ive tried turning off all the details and going into cfg to change it to a lower resolution. I dont have any background things running which can affect performance.

here are my specs, i am running 10.6.8 snowleopard, amd radeon 6750m graphics card. Using WS9Wine 1.7.16

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
mockingod
Are you sure there are no background things running that affect performance? Your computer has better specs than the mac I use to play Osu!. Try check again and see if you have the update popup thing appearing. If you dont, then try see if you have Facebook open as the active tab on your web browser (This actually makes me lag. I've tested it).

If nothing else, I think it might be that you're running 10.6.8, and I'm running 10.9, but I don't know too much about the technical side of this, so I can't be 100% correct.
gotmilkyyyy
I closed down my browser and every program. The osu i have is the most updated version as well
Kurogamii
why not use Mavericks instead of Snow Leopard?
with that specs, osu! should've running perfectly in your mac
have you re-install osu!?
gotmilkyyyy
i dunno, im scared there will be problems if i switch to maverick. Quite content with snow leopard at the mo and im unsure about the transition. And yeah i thought it would run smooth. Even counter strike at high settings i average 100fps . dunno why i have problems with osu hahahaha
mockingod
You shouldn't have any system problems when switching over to Mavericks. I've encountered no bugs since I've switched. It might help with the lag and stuttering you are getting.
Scakk
I'm using a keyboard for my macros, also need synapse to make the buttons work.
And I have a logitech mouse (G400s)
gotmilkyyyy
btw ive read a lot of bad reviews for mavericks. quite unsure if i should even upgrade
manjumochi

gotmilkyyyy wrote:

HI, im having some lag issues with osu. When im on the start up screen or get into a song, i get aroun 120 fps. However when the slide things load up, my game stutters and fps drops making it very difficult to play. Is there a fix for this? Ive tried turning off all the details and going into cfg to change it to a lower resolution. I dont have any background things running which can affect performance.

here are my specs, i am running 10.6.8 snowleopard, amd radeon 6750m graphics card. Using WS9Wine 1.7.16

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Try disabling Snaking Sliders, Storyboards and Shader Effects.
gotmilkyyyy
ive disabled everything, still happens
Lemozade
I've been playing osu on my windows computer, and I just recently switched over to mac, and downloaded the beta, but I can't play online!! :( It says I can't connect because osu needs to update, but there's no updater to update osu like on the window version! What am I doing wrong, can I just not play online anymore?
mockingod
When you open osu!, you should see the "update osu" button on the bottom. If you don't see it, I think if you go to options and look for "updates" you might find an update button.
Elzapatoverde
Yep, at the end of options menu there's a "launch osu! updater" button.
Lemozade
Thanks guys! I was scared I couldn't play my beloved game again! :o
Absolute[Z]
= =
NekomimiD
Is there more input lag or FPS lag when playing the OS X version versus playing on Windows? Also, would a Macbook Air be able to run the OS X version well?
mockingod
No lag here. Air should be okay.
Kurogamii
depend on your MacBook Air model identifier (you can see it by click apple menu>about this mac>more info>system report)
mine sometimes lag, fps can reach 200+ in unlimited setting
NekomimiD
I'm trying to get used to playing this game on OS X and I'm having terrible offset issues. It seems like it needs to be set somewhere around -150 or so! Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: It seems I also have to have hitsounds off as well. They don't sync up at all.
show more