forum

[resolved] [confirmed] [web] Site goes down when deleting wiki images

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Repflez
Problem Details:
Wiki S3 Problems 2: Electric Boogaloo

This was supposed to be reported 2 weeks ago, but probably the bug's still there after that time.

When attempting to delete an image from the wiki, one of 2 things could happen:
  1. The entire site goes down (No only the wiki, but all the site) without warning.
  2. The wiki gives the same error as t/196061 and then the entire site goes down (Confirmed by [Dellirium] and several people 2 weeks ago)
In the first case the file isn't deleted but in the second case the file seems to be deleted (The wiki marks it as such despite the error message).

To replicate just upload an image and try to delete it if you have deletion privileges on the wiki.
Nathanael
There is no option to delete the image that I uploaded. Looks like its up to Dellirium or peppy (your co-wiki admins) to confirm this.
Topic Starter
Repflez

Nathanael wrote:

There is no option to delete the image that I uploaded. Looks like its up to Dellirium or peppy (your co-wiki admins) to confirm this.
Confirmed 2 weeks ago via PM:
Nathanael
Okay, marked as confirmed for you guys. ;)
Howl
Yesterday Repflez deleted an image from the wiki: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Special:Log/delete It seem to be fixed since the website didn't went down.
Nathanael
Haven't seen it. Looks like neither Repflez nor [Dellirium] are active today. :/
Topic Starter
Repflez

Nathanael wrote:

Haven't seen it. Looks like neither Repflez nor [Dellirium] are active today. :/
I'm always active (as in I check the Recent Changes page at least daily) but this is not the place to talk about that. Either it was luck, the bug was fixed time ago or S3 was having problems that time.
Nathanael
Oh, I based it at your profile info. Anyway, marking this as resolved.