forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Unable to leave a channel from channel list after rejoining

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TicClick
Rejoining a channel makes it impossible to leave right away. The channel in question will also look closed (keep the blue colour) next time you open the list, despite its state (opened or not). How to replicate:
  1. Join a channel from channel list by clicking it
  2. Right click it to leave
  3. Join it again
  4. Now try to leave. You can't!
  5. Close the list, open it again. Notice that the channel is not highligted, although you stay joined.
osu! version: 20140326.2test (happens on public as well)
peppy
you can't join channels too fast in succession. maybe you are hitting this limit?
Topic Starter
TicClick
no; when I was hitting the limit (months ago, maybe), it threw an exception with "You are joining too fast!" description
also, if you keep the channel's tab and switch to the other one, and then come back, you will see "Attempting to join..."
EDIT: made a quick video just to show how it looks

- Marco -
I can confirm this
XPJ38
I can replicate. Confirmed.
Ephemeral
looked into this briefly - the discrepancy is client side mostly, from what I can see. can anyone verify that you don't receive messages at all in this "ghost" channel which cannot be closed?
TheVileOne
It seems like a buffer problem. It can be closed, but you have to join it and rejoin it. By joining and leaving really quickly the game gets confused and the button state goes out of sync with the channel state. Red = left channel, blue = joined channel for example. It can receive channel information as far as I can tell.
Ephemeral
it's less "really quickly" as seen in tic's video, but rather that somewhere, the channel joined state is not being properly updated or is being updated by assumption over receiving actual confirmation from the server that they have infact joined the channel (at least from what I can see). that's why I need to know if you can still receive chat like normal in these instances, since I couldn't seem to
Flanster
I've done this in the past a few times, ghost channel doesn't have any function, not receieving nor sending messages iirc.
TheVileOne
I'm not sure what this ghost channel is. I've been doing it to the #osu channel and even though I get it to the state that doesn't let me channel the state, it still shows activity. Maybe it doesn't affect #osu.

During the cooldown period the channel appears as not joined.

The second channel that is being described is probably the first request to join the channel. You have to connect to the channel twice to trigger this.
Flanster
I've always had a hunch that closing #osu doesn't leave the channel, it just hides it. But I could be wrong!
- Marco -

LoliFlan wrote:

I've always had a hunch that closing #osu doesn't leave the channel, it just hides it. But I could be wrong!
Yup, sometimes i get hl from #osu D:

peppy
This is fixed in test build.