forum

osu!np v2.4: Output /np info + Beatmap Downloader etc

posted
Total Posts
show more
givenameplz

Papepipopu wrote:

I have a problem when i play in fullscreen. Osu!np works off when i play in fullscreen, but works perfect when i play in windows mode.

What can i do?

PD: Sorry for my engrish.
This is due to this:
[peppy] Don't set window title when running osu! fullscreen.
(osu! b20131129.1)

You basically can't get the data in Fullscreen mode anymore, but you can try Borderless window mode.
(Please bear in mind that this might cause different behavior on some machines, performance wise.)
Yellowpalmtree
sweet works great!
I use Windows 8 and OBS, you'll be seeing this in my streams soon! :P
TakuMii

givenameplz wrote:

This is due to this:
(osu! b20131129.1)

You basically can't get the data in Fullscreen mode anymore, but you can try Borderless window mode.
(Please bear in mind that this might cause different behavior on some machines, performance wise.)
Gah, I completely forgot about this. That change was an attempt to fix Nvidia ShadowPlay, but it broke osu!np. I switched to fullscreen when I discovered that Windowed and Borderless both cause 2-3 frames of latency (which makes things a bit more difficult), so I'm not really inclined to switch back.

Anyways, any plan on switching to the last.fm API that peppy mentioned earlier? It would fix the problem.
ninjax1234
I getting this error message when starting up the osu!np 2.3
I'm using Windows 8 64bit with .NET Framework 4.5
and I also have try to repair the .NET Framework, but nothing is fixed.
Piotrekol

YayMii wrote:

Anyways, any plan on switching to the last.fm API that peppy mentioned earlier? It would fix the problem.
this or just use MSN now playing calls as they still work perfectly http://puu.sh/5Fv6U
AiriLing
I cannot use it to show the song currently playing -3-
should I start osu first or osu!np??
and do I need to run it as admin? I hv win8.1 installed
Topic Starter
Primula_old
Sorry for the absence.

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to discontinue osu!np and my other projects. A lot of other people seem to have been working on their own things similar to the functionality of which osu!np provides, so I don't feel there is any need for me to continue.

The current build of osu!np 2.4 will only be available to close friends on Twitch, because it includes Primbot.

I will make a public version with Primbot removed that will include all current fixes, but development is currently not my priority so I will not be adding new features otherthan the ones of which I've already been working on.

I'm sorry for this news, but there's so much that I want to do, and very little time to do them in. ;-;
sbstratos79
Noooo!!! ;___; Y U DO DIS?? Your programs are so awesome and useful!! T^T But at the end of the day, it's your wish, so I just wanted to ask one question. Will we still be able to use osu!np and your other softwares which require internet connection in any way? For example, can we still download beatmaps using osu!np? And thanks a lot for creating such awesome softwares and helping the osu! community. :D
Topic Starter
Primula_old
Everything will still function.

I think I phrased it a bit harshly/bluntly - My intention is not to just forget about these projects, I'm not abandoning everything entirely, I may eventually continue working on these projects and I will try to if I can ever find time to, it's just not a priority anymore so I will never update as often as I used to and I'll only implement features which interest me personally.

For now my time is taken up by personal projects, or my stream/daily life stuff. It's difficult to work on projects for the osu community because there's more time involved in trying to make the UI user friendly, efficient and such (I'm so bad at UI design).

Again, sorry. Q^Q
sbstratos79
Thanks a lot. phew, That was a relief. And no problem, even the current releases are pretty good, so less frequent(or no) updates won't be a problem(atleast, not for me). And yeah, you should concentrate on the things that you think are more important for you. You've already done a great job by creating such useful softwares. Thanks a lot again! ^_^ All the best! :)
Quanteck
For some reason osu!np dosent work anymore when i play fullscreen is there any way you could fix this in future updates?
TakuMii

Quanteck wrote:

For some reason osu!np dosent work anymore when i play fullscreen is there any way you could fix this in future updates?
As said earlier in the thread, this is what's preventing it from working full screen:
(osu! b20131129.1)
He did this as an attempt to fix Nvidia ShadowPlay, but it broke programs like this in the process, since it uses the window title to get the song title and difficulty.

It is possible to get it working again (the MSN status option displays the same info as the title bar albeit in a different order), but nobody I've spoken to seems to be updating their programs to support it (aside from Piotrekol, but as far as I'm aware, he's the one who came up with the idea to use it).
Exo
The doenload command isnt working for me
Shivarion
Still waiting for ★ osu!mp3 released :oops:
aesu
I wonder if it's possible to make it post a tweet on Twitter (edgy).
Just2good
Is it possible to have this program to mess with ventrilo comment + comment url?

Most of the time I have a few friends spectating me while I practice and unfortunately my comp isn't that great for streaming.

So it would be awesome if I can get the song name displayed on my ventrilo comment and then a link to download the song in my comment url.

If not then its completely fine, would just be very awesome if you can integrate it with ventrilo.
Topic Starter
Primula_old

Shivarion wrote:

Still waiting for ★ osu!mp3 released :oops:
Soon~! >w>
MipRonIasty
LOL! When I launch osu!np i can't see the window.
Window with osu!np is invisible.
I try to repair NET.Framework, but this not helping :c
Someone can help me?
Noobsicle

MipRonIasty wrote:

Someone can help me?
i got the same problem :/

i found that using an earlier version of osu!np worked, but now it won't appear again for me :<
MipRonIasty

Noobsicle wrote:

MipRonIasty wrote:

Someone can help me?
i got the same problem :/

i found that using an earlier version of osu!np worked, but now it won't appear again for me :<
I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgklS6A5V4A

Let's try. Program work now. :3
Topic Starter
Primula_old
I can't remember if I fixed the issue with osu!np starting off screen.. someone reported it a while ago. >w< I'll put it on my todo list if it's not already on there.

Navigate to: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Primpri\osu!np.exe_blarghh\2.3.0.0
Open user.config in Notepad.
Search for 'setPosition'.
If the value is something bizarre, change it to 0, 0. Like:
<setting name="setPosition" serializeAs="String">
<value>0, 0</value>
</setting>
Noobsicle

MipRonIasty wrote:

I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgklS6A5V4A

Let's try. Program work now. :3
omg it worked >:D thanks a lot!

@primula, i think its an issue for those with multiple monitors, not really sure though :s
ikar0ss
I use OBS and i followed the guide but when i go to use text from file i browse then it says that i cannot change it to any type of file (txt only) do you know how i could fix this? Thanks:)
- Marco -
If i spectate someone and i don't have the map so i'm in the menu it says "StartIndex can't be lower than zero"

Also it doesn't show the previous song if you spectate someone
Kaizo_x3
Wow, I really like this programm, thankies. <3
Beastontour
First of all THANK YOU, love it!

Is it somehow possible to have it working when the game is in Fullscreen?
It works for me only when the game is in Windowmode. Thank you!
tn5421
yey, programs~
Kynan
Damn, too bad it doesn't work when you play fullscreen ><'
Kaizo_x3

Kynan wrote:

Damn, too bad it doesn't work when you play fullscreen ><'
Well, it works for me. ;)
Kynan
Tell me how please, it works on "windowed fullscreen" (1920x1080 windowed) but not on real full screen ;w;
Kaizo_x3

Kynan wrote:

Tell me how please, it works on "windowed fullscreen" (1920x1080 windowed) but not on real full screen ;w;
Sorry, I dont know. It just does for me.
Piotrekol

Kynan wrote:

On "windowed fullscreen"(borderless) osu! is still setting it's title when playing.
And when in fullscreen it's never doing it- because why?(and it's also done to fix Shadowplay)
And this program seems to depend on osu! title so... that's why it breaks I guess.

You can try this or if creator actually still wants to develop osu!np then I think we can work something out.
Kynan

Piotrekol wrote:

Kynan wrote:

On "windowed fullscreen"(borderless) osu! is still setting it's title when playing.
And when in fullscreen it's never doing it- because why?(and it's also done to fix Shadowplay)
And this program seems to depend on osu! title so... that's why it breaks I guess.

You can try this or if creator actually still wants to develop osu!np then I think we can work something out.
Yeah that's what I thought, and your stream companion looks awesome I'll try it out ! Thanks !
Vaynelift

Beastontour wrote:

First of all THANK YOU, love it!

Is it somehow possible to have it working when the game is in Fullscreen?
It works for me only when the game is in Windowmode. Thank you!
Same problem for me too
Jentle
My cursor lags when am in windowed fullscreen so I can't really use it. I need fullscreen :) Wish it worked with fullscreen as well.
Kynan
This software reads the name of the map on the osu!window (when played windowed) so it only works in windowed (even windowed fullscreen). And to not lag in windowed, you must disable Aero theme. osu!streamCompanion works in fullscreen though, check it out if you want to play fullscreen with map info !
Howl
play windowed
you can even play better with that imho ;)
Kynan

TheHowl wrote:

play windowed
you can even play better with that imho ;)
It's personnal preference, let's not talk about this here :p
Topic Starter
Primula_old
Please don't go off topic in my thread QAQ

I've fixed the spectating and fullscreen issues in the next version, will update by next week (if I don't get lazy T^T).
Fullscreen issue obviously requires msn live display option checked, it additionally enables output on menu/map selection as well (these will be optional outputs with ability to set different formatting).

Otherthan that, not sure if I'll add anything else to next version, just doing this because people keep pestering me o3o
Toukai
I cant get it to work on my PC...i changed my root folders and everything but it just wont work )): can you set up a video tutorial or something LOL it'll be easier to follow imo
show more