forum

osu! on a Tablet PC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Coming in the next public release is fully working TabletPC support. Previously there were problems with sensing the pen down/up events, but all is good now.

[flash=425,350:328c2]http://www.youtube.com/v/RFbg9YqeMYc[/flash:328c2]
[flash=425,350:328c2]http://www.youtube.com/v/GzYY2Wu-ZFE[/flash:328c2]

Thanks to flakmonkey for extensive testing and providing the video. I am so tempted to buy one now..
Kylecito
holy motherfarking hell i want one of those O_O
flakmonkey
and yes, this plays just as awesome as it looks. a second video is uploading right now.
Thanks again to peppy for making this possible!

EDIT: and here it is, sakuranbo http://youtube.com/watch?v=GzYY2Wu-ZFE
[deleted user]
What exactly was done? Just wondering if this is going to affect tablets that were already working.
Jay_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Koopser
Wow, nice! O_O

A Tablet PC would be so nice. ;_;
Topic Starter
peppy

sanchny wrote:

What exactly was done? Just wondering if this is going to affect tablets that were already working.
Tablets, no, but tablet PCs that were experiencing difficulties recognising taps, yes. It will not affect you if you weren't having problems in the first place.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Wow, that's pretty awesome. What's even more awesome, though, is the video of Portal - Still Alive. I wonder who made it? MUAHAHAHAHAHA! XD
Topic Starter
peppy

hitoshirenu wrote:

Wow, that's pretty awesome. What's even more awesome, though, is the video of Portal - Still Alive. I wonder who made it? MUAHAHAHAHAHA! XD
Now everyone can see how you made easy harder than hard with stupidly spaced notes about halfway through! :D
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Hey now, those weren't stupidly placed! I did that intentionally! The only reason that makes it hard is because people tend not to have their mouse speed set high enough. >_>

I'M TAKING OVER THE WORLD WITH PORTAL! MUAHAHAHA!

*falls over*

Eck, erm, uhh, right. Time to plot more plotting of plans. *runs off*
Loginer
I'm going to get a Tablet PC. Somehow. <_<
*Robs a bank, buys a Tablet PC with the money, sells the Tablet PC on eBay, puts the money on the bank, waits 10 years, then steals the interest*
...I STILL DON'T HAVE A TABLET PC!! :'(
[deleted user]
Watching that makes me want one of my own. Heck, I'd kill at this point just to have a normal tablet.

Sucks to be poor. XD;
sergioosh_old
Hey there.
Is there anything going on about tablet PCs? I have two of them and they have different touchscreen. The first one has resistive (you can touch with anything, you cannot hover, touching equals pressing left mouse button) and the other one has capacitive touchscreen (works only with stylus, pressure sensitive, hovering or light touch basicly moves cursor). On the first one it works great, but on the second one, which actually is my main computer, it doesn't work properly. Playing the same track on both gives way too different results. I'm a beginner, but I'm doing fine up to 3 stars (it's my first day actually xD) on the first tablet pc, but I have problems with some 1.5 stars on the other one! Does anybody have such problem? I think the touchscreen on the second one is made in the same technology as the normal tablets, so it might be the same with them. Well, anybody?
mattyu007
Whoa superdeadthread bump
Starrodkirby86
Uh...I think peppy implemented touchscreen compatibility for something like that...I mean, there were people spectating him while using it.

Though I don't know any specifics.
sergioosh_old

mattyu007 wrote:

Whoa superdeadthread bump
Oh me sorry. Should I have made a new one? I don't think it would be any better. Pretty much the opposite.

Well I can't imagine playing this game without touchscreen. After all it is inspired by NDS game. The first thing I wanted to change in options was to turn off the cursor xD I think I'll post it in feature request...
Well, anyway, it is possible to play using touchscreen, but IMHO it's far from perfect. With UMPC and Tablet PCs being little bit more popular nowadays I think it might be a good idea to put little bit more attention to it. Touch friendly software for Windows is scarce, leaving aside games.
mattyu007
sergioosh_old
OMG read carefully. Firstable I'm not talking about tablets, but Tablet PCs and what's more important I didn't write it doesn't work. I wrote: "it doesn't work properly". So it does work, but there are some strange issues. Either there is some lag between tap and actual reaction, or it just doesn't capture all taps.
mattyu007
Tablet PC = Tablet + Screen.

So you were saying...
Huskatron

peppy wrote:

hitoshirenu wrote:

Now everyone can see how you made easy harder than hard with stupidly spaced notes about halfway through! :D
um peppy the videos have been removed by the user (why flakmonkey why!) so can u re-upload them

from osu! - coolboy963
youtube - coolboy529
club penguin - cool boy963
[deleted user]

sergioosh wrote:

Hey there.
Is there anything going on about tablet PCs? I have two of them and they have different touchscreen. The first one has resistive (you can touch with anything, you cannot hover, touching equals pressing left mouse button) and the other one has capacitive touchscreen (works only with stylus, pressure sensitive, hovering or light touch basicly moves cursor). On the first one it works great, but on the second one, which actually is my main computer, it doesn't work properly. Playing the same track on both gives way too different results. I'm a beginner, but I'm doing fine up to 3 stars (it's my first day actually xD) on the first tablet pc, but I have problems with some 1.5 stars on the other one! Does anybody have such problem? I think the touchscreen on the second one is made in the same technology as the normal tablets, so it might be the same with them. Well, anybody?
Which company tablet PC you have and which OS is there?? Actually I am thinking to buy one so if you already have two of them then it would be better to take suggestion from you from your experience.