forum

Twitch Intergration

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +943
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
Hmm. I have recently seen that Mojang implemented streaming in Minecraft. Usually when I stream Minecraft I drop a lot of frames but that never happened. I was thinking, could osu! have that feature. Or would that not be allowed???? I think it is a good idea, just depends if it could happen.
- Marco -
would be great...
Mara
We already kinda have one. https://osu.ppy.sh/p/live
Marcin
He means that game would set up itself a broadcast, and stream over to twitch.
Mara
I only support this then if twitch chat would be visible in-game.
Compa

Mara wrote:

Chatting on osulive and #osu? Yes pls :>
Soarezi

Mara wrote:

That would only bring even more aids in osu chats _Dd Ddad
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
Yeah twitch chat would be good also, but that could take some work to do. It would be easier to just broadcast right from osu! itself without a client like OBS or Xsplit
Tekklorn

Mara wrote:

By this I think you mean that you could monitor your twitch chat in game with something like a #stream channel? If so, then yes this would be an amazing idea, it'd make it a lot easier to monitor and reply to chat with this. I also know for definite that the twitch chat works with IRC clients and so I can only assume that it'd be possible to integrate into the game.

EDIT: Also Thor, surely integrating this chat would be easier than the game setting up a stream for the user? Software like OBS are not hard to use, and there are even countless guides out there to help one set up their stream on these software, so it'd just be a waste of time and resources to implement it within Osu! itself.
Wander Away

Mara wrote:

Although I don't think that we'll need this too much since...well I personally (sorry for the crowd out there) open up twitch dashboard every time I stream. Or at least try to :c
OBS has stopped working on my new Windows 8.1 computer
TakuMii
Since osu! already uses the IRC protocol for the in-game chat, it shouldn't be that hard to implement Twitch chat into the game.
I actually want this feature to be implemented, with or without the actual livestreaming capability.
Sea_Food

Soarezi wrote:

Mara wrote:

That would only bring even more aids in osu chats _Dd Ddad
Just combine #spectator and twitch chat into one. Then make it so that you can use it with both osu and twitch client.
Never used #minecraft but i heard it works that way. Would be nice
wanony

Mara wrote:

I think a #streamchat would be a great idea
peppy
I've thought about doing this for quite some time. It's on my "would-love-to-do" list :P.
- Marco -
please peppy do this
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl
Peppy, please do it. I would love for you to do it too :3 <3
Miterosan
Î want it too(and I want give you a star but It's bugging )
IRyanI
I was thinking about this today as well, seeing twitch integration a lot lately in games (Path of Exile, Minecraft, and some other indie titles) I play in full screen and I only have one monitor so it's more of a hassle (first world problems) to have the chat in the background and everything when I stream. so having a chat ingratiation would be awesome
Yellowpalmtree
I thought about this when I was playing Minecraft and I think it would be an amazing feature. I think it would help promote the game as well assuming that more people stream. Also the #streamchat thing would be a great thing to implement as well. :)
iaceo
First out i would like to say, i would love to be able to view the twitch chat ingame and for this you have my support! :)

However i am not interested in streaming implemented into the game as i dont see how it will provide as many options as streaming software do without a significant amount of effort put into developing it. (alas im not a programmer so i might just be throwing guesses here but.. Since there are software developed for streaming i dont see why effort should be put into competing with them or try to substitute them)

This streaming implemented into games or consoles.. It's everywhere and im not against your idea specifically, im just not a fan in general ;(

It already takes some effort to set up a stream properly in terms of audio video and bitrate settings, options for secondary audio and video sources and perhaps overlays.. I think at least these options should be available. If people really want to stream please put enough effort into it, or if you wont, just send people your replays or ask them to spectate.

Sorry if i came off harsh, and i hope it is not against any forum rule. (bringing up my own opinions in someone elses thread)
I might just be a grumpy streamer who won't appreciate the competition ^^
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl

iaceo wrote:

First out i would like to say, i would love to be able to view the twitch chat ingame and for this you have my support! :)

However i am not interested in streaming implemented into the game as i dont see how it will provide as many options as streaming software do without a significant amount of effort put into developing it. (alas im not a programmer so i might just be throwing guesses here but.. Since there are software developed for streaming i dont see why effort should be put into competing with them or try to substitute them)

This streaming implemented into games or consoles.. It's everywhere and im not against your idea specifically, im just not a fan in general ;(

It already takes some effort to set up a stream properly in terms of audio video and bitrate settings, options for secondary audio and video sources and perhaps overlays.. I think at least these options should be available. If people really want to stream please put enough effort into it, or if you wont, just send people your replays or ask them to spectate.

Sorry if i came off harsh, and i hope it is not against any forum rule. (bringing up my own opinions in someone elses thread)
I might just be a grumpy streamer who won't appreciate the competition ^^
Minecraft was clever, and enabled people who had PC's not capable of streaming able to stream without a frame drop. That is why I requested that.
- Marco -

Thor wrote:

enabled people who had PC's not capable of streaming able to stream without a frame drop. That is why I requested that.
I agree
Nyari

marcostudios wrote:

Thor wrote:

enabled people who had PC's not capable of streaming able to stream without a frame drop. That is why I requested that.
I agree
I SURE AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE EVEN MORE CANCEROUS STREAMS. the pc requirement pretty much filters out the most of the kids that dont have a fucking clue what they're up to/retards. so having this would in no way improve anything, and as iaceo was mentioning, it would be better to just have a chat implemented. now, those are my two cents as a blessed person from a medium wealth family, obviously there would be pros to this. i mean ofcourse we MUST be missing out on good streamers because of having the mean pc requirements that streaming takes. this could potentionally be something to look forward to. tho i would think we'd need some improvements to the live streaming page as this would make lots of lots of more streamers that want to try it out. as in improvements id like to see filters, such as ranks/viewers/quality. /rant.
Topic Starter
Jaxalotl

Nyari wrote:

I SURE AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE EVEN MORE CANCEROUS STREAMS. the pc requirement pretty much filters out the most of the kids that dont have a fucking clue what they're up to/retards. so having this would in no way improve anything, and as iaceo was mentioning, it would be better to just have a chat implemented. now, those are my two cents as a blessed person from a medium wealth family, obviously there would be pros to this. i mean ofcourse we MUST be missing out on good streamers because of having the mean pc requirements that streaming takes. this could potentionally be something to look forward to. tho i would think we'd need some improvements to the live streaming page as this would make lots of lots of more streamers that want to try it out. as in improvements id like to see filters, such as ranks/viewers/quality. /rant.
I don't think you are understanding, what I am trying to get at. This would allow people WITHOUT the necessary requirements to be able to partake in streaming. YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT CAN'T STREAM THAT WOULD LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!
Marcin
Uh, guys, calm down kay? Not everyone with bad computer = kid.

I know some pros in osu! who don't have good enough PC to stream, this would help them out a bit.
Nyari

Thor wrote:

Nyari wrote:

I don't think you are understanding, what I am trying to get at. This would allow people WITHOUT the necessary requirements to be able to partake in streaming. YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT CAN'T STREAM THAT WOULD LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!
learn how to read the whole post before you comment on it.
Tekklorn
Nyari I think you need to sort out your attitude here, you seem to think that what you call "cancerous streams" are for definite bad streams when in reality you are just stating your opinion. I understand that you're trying to make sure that bad streams don't start appearing if this feature gets implemented, but it's far too harsh to not even give them a chance. If the stream is bad, then it won't get watched and that will be the end of it, if it is good then the streamer will gain popularity and followers so your fear of a sudden influx of "retards" is misplaced.

Nyari wrote:

learn how to read the whole post before you comment on it.
EDIT: On another note, I'm sure Thor is perfectly capable of reading and has chosen to emphasise what he believes this feature can bring to Osu!, so don't speak down on people like that.
show more