forum

Journey of the Sorcerer (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MOOMANiBE
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, May 09, 2008 at 4:47:27 PM

Artist: Joby Talbot
Title: Journey of the Sorcerer
BPM: 159.87
Filesize: 2187kb
Play Time: 01:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.25 stars, 103 notes)
  2. Insane (3.93 stars, 135 notes)
Download: Joby Talbot - Journey of the Sorcerer
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
^_^;;; It's the first beatmap I've ever made... Hopefully it's good?

Edit: Increased the HP drain on insane by one notch to make it actually feasible to fail the song XD,
and added Normal mode.

Edit 2: Nudged some beats around in Insane, Sped up rollers in Normal, Lowered volume in Insane.

Edit 3: Rearranged a large number of combos to facilitate better mouse flow between them. Changed a slightly mean slider and made it evident where it ends. Ate the grapes.

Edit 4: Moved a single beat up a bit to space it better.

Edit 5: BPM Changes, new timing point, shifted stuff a bit timewise., remade the entire end slider
Edit 5.5: Shifted Normal.
Edit 5.6: More small fixes.
Edit 5.7: Fixed Normal end slider
Edit 5.8: Changes on last four end beats as advised by peppy/sin
Edit 5.8: Changes on last for end beats of Insane as advised by sin and also to make neat "hand" pattern cause I want to.
LuigiHann
I think this has a lot of potential. I'd honestly like to see an easier version (normal or even hard) before I comment much. Just played on Easy Mode and then in Relax Mode, and your timing and spacing seem pretty good. I raise an eyebrow at some of those "insane pattern" bits, but as long as you make at least one easier version I don't really mind them...
Topic Starter
MOOMANiBE

LuigiHann wrote:

I think this has a lot of potential. I'd honestly like to see an easier version (normal or even hard) before I comment much. Just played on Easy Mode and then in Relax Mode, and your timing and spacing seem pretty good.
I was guessing an easier difficulty would be wanted. Sure, I'll get on it. ^^

LuigiHann wrote:

I raise an eyebrow at some of those "insane pattern" bits, but as long as you make at least one easier version I don't really mind them...
I'm guessing you're thinking of the circular criss cross towards the end of the song? I'll admit it, it's mean. But I figured I could get away with one really nutty pattern since it's a fairly short song. XD

Edit: Made changes. Look at first post. ^_^
machol30
I actually think that spacing on Insane is just a little bit off. (I think you're a little too close, but this may just be me since I'm used to larger spacing. :P )

Also on Insane is the volume. Turn it down so it's level to Normal mode's volume.

I feel a little uncertain of slider velocity too. Turn it up? or maybe it's just me again...

Other then that, I think it's great! Well done! :D
Topic Starter
MOOMANiBE

buraimaster1234 wrote:

I actually think that spacing on Insane is just a little bit off. (I think you're a little too close, but this may just be me since I'm used to larger spacing. :P )
Hmmm.. I'm slightly reluctant to spread them, as I know a few friends who'll start having serious trouble with the song if I place the beats too far apart. For now, I think I'll leave it, unless you're absolutely sure it needs changing.

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Also on Insane is the volume. Turn it down so it's level to Normal mode's volume.
Can't believe I forgot to do this. It's done now. ^^

buraimaster1234 wrote:

I feel a little uncertain of slider velocity too. Turn it up? or maybe it's just me again...
I assume you were talking about normal? I agree, and I've sped the sliders up. If you meant insane... I originally tried it with them faster, but it felt unnaturally fast given the pace of the song. o_o;

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Other then that, I think it's great! Well done! :D
Woo!
mtmcl
Iron out spacing, make [Insane] less sloppy. Your grapes combo scares me.
mtmcl
Still needs a little spacing work on Insane as per IRC conversation. I don't feel entirely comfortable with decision making regarding this map because I'm thrilled by some of the cool designs that might disregard spacing. I'll leave this to some of the more experienced mods. It should be starred to attract their attention.
Echo
Topic Starter
MOOMANiBE
Whew! That was quite a bit of editing you and sin put me through. Looks like the song's coming out well though ^_^
Sinistro
After all the irc modding, I believe this is ready for ranking. Congratulations, you get a bubble! :)
Saturos
I've been silently watching this one, since I wasn't sure how to approach it. ;x

Turned out quite nice.

/me ranks.