osu!wiki project

posted
Total Posts
show more
RaikireHiuduo

Repflez wrote:

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Long question
Use the actual links, even if they're obsolete. The purpose of the page is to show the actual response from BanchoBot. If they're modified, then modify them in the wiki.
Done. Currently working on ZH page.

EDIT: Done on the alphabetical part. Someone really need to do the chinese characters.
Repflez
Copy the commands in the chat and /savelog the replies? Is the only thing I can think to do with them without asking a Chinese.
RaikireHiuduo

Repflez wrote:

Copy the commands in the chat and /savelog the replies? Is the only thing I can think to do with them without asking a Chinese.
Okay. I discovered CTRL + V is the miracle command. Working on it.
P.S. Despite I am one, I don't understood it sadly.

EDIT: Apparently, commands like "人品" yield "ENTRY NOT FOUND!". There is quite an amount of them.
EDIT 2: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Interface#Options_screen -> http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Options ? If yes. place Options page at "Getting Started" or "World of osu!" ?
[Dellirium]

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

EDIT: Apparently, commands like "人品" yield "ENTRY NOT FOUND!". There is quite an amount of them.
Check them in !faq list and delete if don't find a commnd.
"Getting Started" or "World of osu!" ?
'Getting Started' I guess.
RaikireHiuduo

[Dellirium] wrote:

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Check them in !faq list and delete if don't find a command.
Someone just edited the !faq list~

"Getting Started" or "World of osu!" ?
'Getting Started' I guess.
Transfer it? Y/N
EDIT: Working on it.
EDIT2: Already done that. I discovered Gamefaq have them methods on Hush-Hush achievement. (Some are not so correct tho. Still debating whether should I create a gamefaq account just to fix the freaking grammar.)

Random note: "!faq perfect" will yield "!faq kr-perfect" instead. This seems to hold true for any command that do not have the english command but in other specific language only. It is not really an issue but what if...I wanted to tell someone what really is Perfect and Nightcore but I do not want to link it to wiki.
Jeery-JM
更新得时候窗口老是再闪,提示的是:(没有正确连接主机,连接失败)这是什么情况求助!
[Dellirium]

Jeery-JM wrote:

更新得时候窗口老是再闪,提示的是:(没有正确连接主机,连接失败)这是什么情况求助!
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/5
RaikireHiuduo
Can someone proof-read this.

EDIT1: History of osu! (Dec 2102) -> Sandbox-3 (Beatmapping a.k.a. copy pasting from FAQ's Editing) [~7/8 done]

Done. Now I forgot what I wanted to do. Also, where is that good old FAQ link went?
peppy
I've integrated the wiki with the main site design. Should make things a lot more cohesive. Let me know if you need any specific changes (point out bad-looking pages etc.)
Deni
nice! looks a lot better now!
MillhioreF
It looks great! The only complaint I have is that it feels like it should log in automatically (it's kind of jarring that you seem to be on a subsection of the same site, but you suddenly have to log in all over again for just that section)
Derekku

MillhioreF wrote:

It looks great! The only complaint I have is that it feels like it should log in automatically (it's kind of jarring that you seem to be on a subsection of the same site, but you suddenly have to log in all over again for just that section)
This is planned and should hopefully be added soon! :)
bomber34
It does not look bad but it is a bit squeezed compared with the old design
But I guess i get used to it
[Dellirium]

bomber34 wrote:

It does not look bad but it is a bit squeezed compared with the old design
But I guess i get used to it
About squeezing.. It looks unaccustomed because the font size are the same as in the other parts of the website. I don't really think we should use increased font size only in the wiki, just got accustomed to this.
peppy
Please request css changes in this thread rather than editing Common.css on the wiki. I will be removing that css completely soon.
[Dellirium]
Why remove? Only 2 person can change this, just tell us and we (I mean me) won't.

And what about bugs? D:
RaikireHiuduo
Some random stuff I noticed:-
1. Wiki-sortable table isn't working for me.
2. OL doesn't appear on my side apparently. Nevermind, I noticed it is located at the lower left of the screen. False alarm.
3. 2. My Template:Expand is broken as heck. Not like I know how to fix it (sadly).

P.S. fund it! (I would hate it if deleted, I still haven't taken down all of it)
Repflez

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

Some random stuff I noticed:-
1. Wiki-sortable table isn't working for me.
2. My Template:Expand is broken as heck. Not like I know how to fix it (sadly).
t/116074

RaikireHiuduo wrote:

P.S. fund it! (I would hate it if deleted, I still haven't taken down all of it)
That page should have a notice that says "This page is old, please use the wiki instead." or something like that.
peppy
I want to combine the css not for permissions reasons, but for performance. The way mediawiki handles styling is really bulky, and I'd like to integrate it to the point it loads as fast as the rest of the osu! site. Let me know all your issues and I promise to sit through and fix them one by one until it works how you please. Try not to get too upset by the trail of damage I make in the process; it's for the best :P.
[Dellirium]

peppy wrote:

Let me know all your issues and I promise to sit through and fix them one by one until it works how you please.
I think the main issue now is not working JS. {{Contents}} and sorting tables are not working, it's impossible to change preferences... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

About other glitches... I still want some css changes which I did via common.css.

There is no padding-right in mw-panel, so when you change language it looks like:

Also padding-left should be reduced in my opinion.
div#mw-panel div.portal h5 {
padding: 0px 1em;
}

div#mw-panel div.portal div.body {
margin: 0px 0.5em;
}

Why navigation bar has white background? I think it should be the same as everything.
div#mw-panel {
background: #EDEBFA;
}

^ This bar still has old styling and looks pretty bad. I did some changes for common.css, they still can be used in main css file. right?
div.vectorTabs {
border-left: 1px solid #5a5399;
background-image: none;
}

div.vectorTabs span {
}

div.vectorTabs span a {
padding-top: 0.6em;
}

div.vectorTabs ul li {
border-right: 1px solid #5a5399;
background-color: #E6E4F7;
}

div.vectorTabs li.selected {
}

div.vectorTabs li a {
font-size: 1.2em;
}

div.vectorMenu li a {
font-size: 1em;
}
Repflez
Can this css be added to the wiki?

div.vectorMenu ul {
z-index:1;
}

This should fix the issue where the watch link can't be hovered becuase the menu disappears before reaching it.
[Dellirium]
I changed [[Template:OL‎‎]] and [[MediaWiki:Sidebar‎]] so 'Available Languages' won't display on every page in the wiki.
Repflez

[Dellirium] wrote:

I changed [[Template:OL‎‎]] and [[MediaWiki:Sidebar‎]] so 'Available Languages' won't display on every page in the wiki.
The 'Available Languages' name does not fit well and it has a line break which "breaks" the feel of the "sidebar". I changed it to 'Other Languages' and did some other fixes to the template. I also remade the documentation of the template so it's more informative than the last one.
[Dellirium]
Hmm, you change width and now it doesn't fit...

peppy
The available languages section needs to be included inside the other sidebar. I have logic for allowing this to display on smaller width screens which currently completely breaks. I don't think I can fix this alone, and while Repflex has provided a bit of basic information on how this is working, it may be better to sit through this and fix it together (throw me a PM on in-game chat when you have some free time @repflez). I'll look at the other styling fixes this week, all going well.
[Dellirium]
Thats why I talked about creating a new namespace for every language, there is a way to use interwiki for language-specific articles.
Oh, and call me, I believe I can help too :o

I'll look at the other styling fixes this week, all going well.
yay!
Repflez
I have been doing some research and there's an extension that could help with the sidebar issue:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CustomSidebar

It allows to use a custom sidebar in a per-page basis so {{OL}} could be used on it easly without modifications to the wiki's base code but on the template itself.

It can be worth a try before going to editing files on the wiki.
RaikireHiuduo
Q: Who will update the Ranking Criteria? (I have -1 experience in beatmapping)

SPOILER
Reason: This statement and this forum. Currently, nobody(?) is supervising that page and updating it.
Off-topic: Current Firefox is giving me an headache. It summons up osu! when I do not want it open after I download a .osz.
[Dellirium]
I update them from time to time, so does woc.
TheVileOne
I am dissatisfied with how many placeholder pages there are in the wiki. I would not mind lending a hand filling these pages.
Sakura

TheVileOne wrote:

I am dissatisfied with how many placeholder pages there are in the wiki. I would not mind lending a hand filling these pages.
Then go ahead and do so? afaik anyone can edit the wiki.
TheVileOne
I see that there is not a modding guide. I am planning to make a comprehensive account of modding. I might as well structure it in the form of a wiki page. I'm not entirely sure how to edit a page meant to be a placeholder. I guess I need to login to find that information.
Repflez

TheVileOne wrote:

I see that there is not a modding guide. I am planning to make a comprehensive account of modding. I might as well structure it in the form of a wiki page. I'm not entirely sure how to edit a page meant to be a placeholder. I guess I need to login to find that information.
Login and edit using the "Edit" link at the top of the article. Most pages are a placeholder due to the poor attention to diferent articles outside of the ones listed on various places of the site (FAQ, Ranking Criteria, PP, etc).

I'll contact peppy sometime this afternoon for the sidebar issue.
TheVileOne
Okay so there's a page about it, but noone linked the page to the main wiki page?

Under list of guides this needs to be put under How to Mod? https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Modding
Repflez
Is linked in the main page under "Online Editing and Ranking". The main page uses the links from Template:Contents.
TheVileOne
<Guides
Repflez
Oh, that. I'll add it to the template.
RaikireHiuduo
Can someone clarify the information reliability of the contents of Song Setup page?

To be honest, the "Tags" part is still questionable.
There was one time I was searching for [K] ranked song at osu! but the beatmap searchbar gives nothing until I type it out as "KINGS" (OP title).
TicClick
The search engine on osu! site doesn't work with queries that are shorter than 3 letters. The beatmap can also not have a tag you're searching with.
RaikireHiuduo
Currently working on: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Multiplayer

One question:-
Free Mods. (Elaborate completely if possible)
Will Host's selected mods (like DT/NC, HD, EZ and SO) be forced into the player? I do know SD/PF will not work.

EDIT: Figured it out how it works.

Discussion:-
I am somewhat planning to overhaul the whole page with tables. Should I leave it as it is now or going full table like what i did to Options page?
show more