forum

Blind judgements

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kitsunemimi
I was planning to make a "Training" skin where all the notes are tiny, and there's no 300s, 100s, 50s, Xs, or lifebar. That would just totally neutralize this.
anonymous_old

Kiyobi wrote:

There's skins that do that? *takes a look*
Replace the appropriate skinning elements with transparent PNG's.

Zekira's workaround for map-specific skins won't work for long.
mattyu007
Uhhh no.

Esp not with beatmaps that have custom hit300, etc's. The mappers wanted it that way, and that's the way they will stay.
Echo
Can we stop telling people to delete skin/sb/custom sfx/maps/mp3s/C: drive/etc.?
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi

Zekira wrote:

Echo wrote:

Can we keep telling people to delete C: drive/etc.?
Fixed.

Anyway, concerning custom deletion, it's up to the player, and that's my personal preference most of the time... though if I like the custom skin I won't delete it, because as I said, personal.
Deleting custom skins from maps is a moot point anyway since the osz2 will be there soon and you wont be able to delete them. So don't use this as an argument for either side of the discussion.
WyndII
offtopic: oooh now i get whats .osz2 is. >.>
It's like zip with a lock :x Now i'll never put free .mp3s in my ipod :cry: :cry:
RemmyX25

WyndII wrote:

Now i'll never put free .mp3s in my ipod :cry: :cry:
That's the point.
mattyu007
Stay on-topic plz
Derekku
If there's a problem seeing the notes, then the mapper probably made some mistakes which should've been addressed before the map was ranked. People like seeing how they did (if you're getting a bunch of 100's/50's, you may start over) so I don't see how this is useful.
Echo
Gabi
to be honest, yes fair enough it's part of the game and thats how the mapper wants it to be played, however i think you should care about the actuall player that plays the map aswell :\. some skins are just terribly hard to read and kind of ruins the gameplay which is a bad thing. it might be uh... "disrespectfull" seeing as the mapper maybe worked hard for the skin, but still... it's just my oppinion.
mattyu007
If the skin used in a map ruins the gameplay, that should have all been checked during the modding process and should not have been ranked.
Topic Starter
Kiyobi_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

If there's a problem seeing the notes, then the mapper probably made some mistakes which should've been addressed before the map was ranked. People like seeing how they did (if you're getting a bunch of 100's/50's, you may start over) so I don't see how this is useful.
Some people out there prefer not to know that they're hitting 100s instead of 300s, too. For me, it helps me relax and enjoy the game more.
Echo

Kiyobi wrote:

For me, it helps me relax and enjoy the game more get a higher score.
Fixed.
Gabi

mattyu007 wrote:

If the skin used in a map ruins the gameplay, that should have all been checked during the modding process and should not have been ranked.
maybe i didn't explain myself good enough.

some people have a hard time reading different skins, which makes it uncomfortable to play the map, which ruins the gameplay. it is also a matter of taste....

if the reply im going to get is "get better at reading" just don't bother. whats been said on this topic won't make any difference at all anyway.
Topic Starter
Kiyobi_old

Echo wrote:

Kiyobi wrote:

For me, it helps me relax and enjoy the game more get a higher score.
Fixed.
Excuse me?
mattyu007
1. Stay on topic
2. Gabi, if something disturbs you, you should have said something before it was ranked. If you didn't look at the map before it was ranked, mod more.
Gabi

mattyu007 wrote:

1. Stay on topic
2. Gabi, if something disturbs you, you should have said something before it was ranked. If you didn't look at the map before it was ranked, mod more.
you can't say that i should go mod more to find disturbing skins cause you said yourself, if the mapper wants it to be played that way it HAS to be played that way. My point is that it shouldn't have to be that way. it would be nice with a little more freedom. also i doub't the mapper would change the skin cause of my/someone elses comment, or else there would be alot less custom skins :roll:

this topic might aswell get locked since i don't think peppy wants to implement "disabling options" for stuff.
LuigiHann
If the skin of a map is distracting, every player should have to deal with that same distraction (to maintain an even playing field), and that's why these elements shouldn't be deleteable.

Outside of that, with regard to the original request, you're welcome to find/make/request a skin with smaller/subtler score icons. Head over to the skinning forum to see about that. It won't show up in maps with those icons skinned, but from my observations, rather few maps skin that particular element, so I think you'll survive.