forum

[CTB specific]Add a "hyper dash is acting here" prompt

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
LKs
original post

I'd suggest adding a "hyper dash is acting here" prompt when we are mapping CtB specific maps. Currently we can only know that after testplay or calculate manually. If osu editor can automatically detect those hyper jumps(Based on slider velocity), there will be a big convenience.
Sakura
The thing is that the Editor doesn't change regardless of which mode specific you're mapping, so i'd think this would be kinda hard to implement without affecting the "All modes" and "Taiko specific" option.
Topic Starter
LKs

Sakura wrote:

The thing is that the Editor doesn't change regardless of which mode specific you're mapping, so i'd think this would be kinda hard to implement without affecting the "All modes" and "Taiko specific" option.
Yes this will be much easier if we can let Editor be aware of that the mapper is now mapping a CtB map. (No know technical details tho)
Kitsunemimi
Well then, why not just make the editor aware then? When you select "CtB specific", then particular functions should become activated. Of course, this would only work on CtB specific maps, as opposed to all maps, but... well, having this sort of functionality for CtB specific mapping would already be quite significant.
peppy
Can't you see when testing?
Kitsunemimi
Yes you can, but the purpose of this request is to be able to see hyperdash fruits without having to go into test for all of them.
Deif
Maybe it could be added to AIBot if there's not another way to do it... But it may be a useful tool for modders.
mm201
It wouldn't be complicated to add.
theowest
What can be done with maps from osu that are impossible to FC in CtB?

Can't they be reduced in difficulty specific for CtB since that's what's being done with fast steams for taiko.
this is one example
peppy

mm201 wrote:

It wouldn't be complicated to add.
But let me guess, you want to rewrite the whole editor first? ;)
Kurokami
I don't know whats wrong with the current editor. I think we should apply some more rules for ctb mapping about just and hyperfruit system. Just like in standard. What I want to tell whit this? It's simple. For ctb you must use hyperfruit and jumps where they are belong. Not at an absurd place and time.
Mercurial
This would be awesome ♥
Sakura

Kurokami wrote:

I don't know whats wrong with the current editor. I think we should apply some more rules for ctb mapping about just and hyperfruit system. Just like in standard. What I want to tell whit this? It's simple. For ctb you must use hyperfruit and jumps where they are belong. Not at an absurd place and time.

iMercurial wrote:

This would be awesome ♥
t/80544 You guys are welcome to post your opinions and thoughts for rules/guidelines in CTB mapping.