forum

How you can help!

posted
Total Posts
show more
bloodyroses46555
whi wont it work?

can i come with 2 mods i think wuld make osu better? :3

UNRANKED mod: makes every map ou play unranked, insted of using relax or spun out.
BLACK mod: makes the backround totaly black (culd help on maps like DJ Sharpel - strangeprogram [happy mix] ;D) :3

this is just 2 mods i think wuld make osu better and easyer for all ages ;D and you dont needa make them if its to hard or to much effort in it, but it was jus a tip ;D hope you nderstand what i mean ;D

TO: peppy :3
DJ Angel

bloodyroses46555 wrote:

UNRANKED mod: makes every map ou play unranked, insted of using relax or spun out.
BLACK mod: makes the backround totaly black (culd help on maps like DJ Sharpel - strangeprogram [happy mix] ;D) :3

this is just 2 mods i think wuld make osu better and easyer for all ages ;D and you dont needa make them if its to hard or to much effort in it, but it was jus a tip ;D hope you nderstand what i mean ;D

...Why double post and why those mods?

I mean, UNRANKED mod is kinda useless, unless you want to hide your playcount or prevent yourself from scoring. but you can always esc>retry at the end of the song

I didn't quite understood the BLACK but...is it to block storyboards? it would be kinda sad for the sb'ers that done it, and you can always delete the sb from folder, but I guess it should be on options, not mods.

Anyways, my suggestions are

-Multiplayer song and mode selection before starting match, and not start with defaulted standard and the song its playing.

-Select which rank you want to show on rank window(f9-ingame) and a icon on the corner of the window(for example, a fruit if ctb, or drum if taiko selected)

-Recent history only counting ranks from #40- - It is too troll when you are on multi and you rank a #86 or #98.

-Auto channel opener - I saw that osu! automatically detects local language...then why not to auto open the channel for the respective language?not sure if this is already fixed so ignore me if it is

Lots of more suggestions, but wall of text too op
Topic Starter
peppy
To the last two posters: please re-read my opening post. You missed the point of this thread completely and that makes me very sad.
Anzo

peppy wrote:

Avoid being negative! Make people happy!
^somehow remembered that Spiral of Happiness thingy...

Now browsing again in Feature Request and Help and Support subforums.

peppy wrote:

definitly~ ^-^
Maxer00
Evolution is always a good thing! I may not be of much use to the community,but hey, jokers are good for the morale of the troops.
YodaSnipe
What? Yoda is evolving!
[Dellirium]

peppy wrote:

In order to keep the content on the website as fresh as possible, I'd like to move all sections containing text to the wiki. This includes FAQ, ranking guidelines, all our forum-based guides, the history/information sections. While we have made huge progress already (thanks to a few very dedicated users), keeping a wiki up-to-date is an ongoing process which basically anyone can help with. There is also a lot of translation opportunities remaining to make the content accessible in every language known to mankind!
Where to start:
About the wiki.
Firstly, disable rename for autoconfirmed users. I know the script which ruins the whole wiki-project in few minutes with mass rename of the pages. Moreover, Wiki is very vulnerable now to all automated attacks.
I suggest you should give banhammers to some active users whom you can trust. It's very easy to undo all the vandalism in the wiki, but in case of banning somebody one always has to report to you.

Secondly, to create some templates there should be the access to common.css. For example, a spoiler template.
It can't work without this code:
SPOILER
/* Spoilers */
.spoiler, .spoiler a, .spoiler a:visited {
cursor: help;
-khtml-opacity: 0.0;
-moz-opacity: 0.0;
filter:alpha(opacity=0);
opacity:0.0;
background:white;color:white;
}

.spoiler:hover, .spoiler:hover a, .spoiler:hover a:visited,
.spoilered, .spoilered a, .spoilered a:visited {
-khtml-opacity: 1.0;
-moz-opacity: 1.0;
filter:alpha(opacity=100);
opacity:1.0;
background:transparent;
}

.spoiler:hover, .spoilered {color: black;}
.spoiler:hover a, .spoilered a {color: #002BB8; cursor: pointer;}
.spoiler:hover a:visited, .spoilered a:visited {color: #5A3696;}
I think more than one person should have the access to mediawiki: namespace.

That's all by now.
Cyclohexane
Yeah, uh, about the monthly...
It is definitely alive and well, peppy, and it will be back, that I and JJ can definitely promise. We had a few things to sort out as we were rebuilding the team and doing some management AND on top of that JJ has a really busy life these days, but we're still here even after that infamous hiatus, and soon enough we'll be back on the job, and the osu!monthly will finally deserve its name again, instead of something like, I don't know, the "osu!whenever"!
YodaSnipe
yay osu!monthly good stuff, feature canadians this time XD
Topic Starter
peppy

[Dellirium] wrote:

I suggest you should give banhammers to some active users whom you can trust. It's very easy to undo all the vandalism in the wiki, but in case of banning somebody one always has to report to you.
Use !report, like anything else in the game please. The turn-around time on !report action is fast, anyway. Any serious attacks can be rolled-back to a backup in worst-case scenarios.

[Dellirium] wrote:

spoiler
Spoilers not required for a wiki IMHO.

Also, you chose the completely wrong thread to discuss this. Please use one of the wiki threads or wiki pages itself.
Come[Back]Home
The BATS are closing to much topics in the german Forums......
Topic Starter
peppy
Again, this is the wrong thread for voicing your concern here. How about making a thread in the german forum with this subject, and asking why it is happening. I am guessing there is a very obvious reason.
Ekaru

peppy wrote:

Again, this is the wrong thread for voicing your concern here. How about making a thread in the german forum with this subject, and asking why it is happening. I am guessing there is a very obvious reason.
The title of this Announcement seems to explain everything:

t/83335

Anyways, back on-topic. I'll probably do some stuff after finals are over this week. Maybe I'll finally fix the Symmetry page on the wiki.
[Dellirium]

peppy wrote:

Use !report, like anything else in the game please. The turn-around time on !report action is fast, anyway. Any serious attacks can be rolled-back to a backup in worst-case scenarios.
But there is only one person who can ban people... Or !kill works in the wiki too?

To prevent worst-case scenarios, you should turn off (move) and (move-subpages) for users. Also, there is an extension, which can delete all pages by a single user (This is very useful against worst vandals, I had to use it once or twice)

Spoilers not required for a wiki IMHO.
That was an example.
I know some templates, which can collapse and expand content, but they are required common.js...
Okay, here is another example. This is a naviation template, it can be collapsed/expanded by pressing "[Скрыть]"/"[Показать]" (sorry for cyrillic).

This template already needs this.

peppy wrote:

Also, you chose the completely wrong thread to discuss this. Please use one of the wiki threads or wiki pages itself.
Does someone read talks? 0_o
Topic Starter
peppy
Bans are not done at a wiki level; it is all centralised. Please use report. As for changes to prevent things, I act reactively, and will only implement these when a problem occurs.

I'm not sure of the need for collapse/expand either.

There are two forum threads dedicated to the wiki which could be used for this kind of discussion if you don't have faith in people reading Talk: pages.
[Dellirium]
I'm not sure of the need for collapse/expand either.
Not when there are only one navigation template on the page. It will be needed later.
Ibuki Suika
3point:

1.Optimization of OSU client
Until the update to the current version of OSU still exist many BUG/lag.
Or other places for a variety of language translation(like edit mode)
I don't know if it will be solved in osz2,But I still want to point out
If the personal burden is overweight, can take part task sharing to other person who can trust, play our wisdom(like this thread say)

2.Pay more attention to the Feature Requests forum
There are always many people to update awesome opinion
like kubu‘s playstyle suggest
dont make star system useless :(

3.Changing the BAT / MAT serving system
Is too difficult to explain to understand :S
I think if you want the community to maintain vitality
Please make BAT / MAT for a period of time to leave(For example, continuous working for half a year, need forced to resign half year to return

It can be used as a vacation?
Although BAT team number many, but now the actual rank map there wasn't much, should think about how to keep them alive
Tsukasa

urs4chan wrote:

peppy wrote:

The one I want to keep :)
oh how i wish this would be kept
Lally

peppy wrote:

\:3/ the one i want to keep \:3/
Topic Starter
peppy

Ibuki Suika wrote:

a whole pile of text which completely misses the point
TBTE

peppy wrote:

Every day I see negativity on osu!. People complaining about each other, people complaining about cheaters or "rank farmers". People seeing change and whining about it. While I think we do better than a lot of other online communities out there — that drop to levels of throwing insults at each other all day long (hi youtube!) — there is still room for improvement.
I would like to see less people saying the moderation is shit, because it actually isn't at this point.

Yes i do agree that we do have some people that make poor choices at moderating the chat.

But JC, you people complaining about it isn't going to do anything.

I personally like the moderation team right now (with the exception of a couple of people), and it is doing a great job of keeping chat in line, from the NSFW to the just plain retarded chat that doesn't need to be there in the first place. I see osu! making improvements everyday slowly but surely.

The other thing that also messes with me, is the amount of people that just randomly want BAT/Mod for any given reason because they think they're going to do a better job than the current people.

You're Not.

They are doing a good job as it is right now, yes we do have some days without a new ranked map, but there is at least 100 maps uploaded everyday, and actually half of them are good so why don't you take your time and play those or testplay those?

I personally have no problems except peppy won't respond when i highlight him for no appartent reason, but this is irrelevant,peppy, BAT's, MAT's, and moderators are doing their best to help the community everyday.

So why shouldn't we?

EDIT: Motherpooting grammar.
EDIT: More grammar corrections.
-Athena-
Erm TBTE nice read but you sort of lost me half way
I believe what you mean is "they" think they are going to do a better job
And "You're not."
Sorry for being the grammar nazi but it took me quite awhile to make sense of your post
TBTE

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Erm TBTE nice read but you sort of lost me half way
I believe what you mean is "they" think they are going to do a better job
And "You're not."
Sorry for being the grammar nazi but it took me quite awhile to make sense of your post
I hate Grammar.

Motherpooting Ken, I've went though my post like 5 times now.
Carlos
uuuuuuuu ... . -. I would love to take care of the osu! wiki in Spanish, because my friends and their friends and their friends do not speak much English (only the friends of my friends) and they do not know how it goes the gameplay, and whatever. but I do not know how :P , so please tell me how!! :D
Tsukimi Luna
Keeping a positive attitude i like =w=
Wish i could devote more time to osu!
but i lack basic skills xD
Havent even mapped a single beatmap.
But im planning to start contribute more after my exams
As you can see im starting to lurk the forums xD
senofdark
Hey, is there an explanation for achievement ?
LKs
Awesome notification

I choose this 2 areas. Just like what I've done from 2010 to now :3 Apart from them, I still choose "producing high quality maps" as another sake

And one more thing, peppy, reward me x3

Help answer technical, beatmap and gameplay support questions!

Every day I try to take care of any outstanding tech support questions, but a lot of these can be answered by anyone who has spend time around here and knows how things generally work. Even if you don't think you know stuff well enough, you can follow along, read and learn, then start helping at a later point!

Where to start:
  1. Choose a forum: Technical Support, Beatmapping Help, Storyboarding or Gameplay and Rankings based on what you find most interesting.
  2. Mark the forum as read using the link at the top-right.
  3. Follow any new threads, reading each one and helping out where you can. You can use the unread icons to make sure you keep up!
  4. Read the available guides and polish up on your osu! knowledge. Hell, contribute to the guides if you can!
Help check/mod beatmaps!

While we have set teams that handle the approval process, there's nothing stopping anyone from helping out. It starts as easy as posting in pending beatmap threads leaving your positive feedback or constructive criticism. When you get good, there's no reason you can't join up on one of the approval teams :).

Where to start:
  1. Look through (or search) the Pending Beatmaps listing for artists/songs you like (or just choose ones at random).
  2. Play the beatmaps and leave feedback in threads.
  3. Read the Modding Guide and learn the basics of more technical modding.
  4. Read the Ranking Criteria and become familiar with what makes a map rankable.
  5. Join #modHelp and #modReqs on in-game chat and join in the conversation (or just follow along).
  6. If you have the time and dedication, making a Modding Queue thread and have people start coming to you with requests.
Azure_Kite
What for?
animez15
i agree :) osu had a lot of improvements nowadays and it is really a great help for all of us...just be happy and enjoy playing osu ! :) improve thy-selves and not just playing but help others for the betterment of the game :) hehehe....well thats for me ^^
bloodyroses46555
ohhww.... i see... its posted

ehe ':D sorry guyz ;( i tought for a sec my osu crached :( forgiv me :(:(

oh sorry for not using edit... forgot it ':D

DJ Angel wrote:

bloodyroses46555 wrote:

...Why double post and why those mods?

I mean, UNRANKED mod is kinda useless, unless you want to hide your playcount or prevent yourself from scoring. but you can always esc>retry at the end of the song

I didn't quite understood the BLACK but...is it to block storyboards? it would be kinda sad for the sb'ers that done it, and you can always delete the sb from folder, but I guess it should be on options, not mods.

Anyways, my suggestions are

-Multiplayer song and mode selection before starting match, and not start with defaulted standard and the song its playing.

-Select which rank you want to show on rank window(f9-ingame) and a icon on the corner of the window(for example, a fruit if ctb, or drum if taiko selected)

-Recent history only counting ranks from #40- - It is too troll when you are on multi and you rank a #86 or #98.

-Auto channel opener - I saw that osu! automatically detects local language...then why not to auto open the channel for the respective language?not sure if this is already fixed so ignore me if it is

Lots of more suggestions, but wall of text too op
the point of BLACK mod... here let me try exsplain... im not that good ':D is that some maps are like.... blinking and flashing... makes it hard to consentrate... and my texter dont work well if the colour are same as the backround... cuz its like.... you know... invisible ':D get it?

peppy wrote:

To the last two posters: please re-read my opening post. You missed the point of this thread completely and that makes me very sad.
was it to me? if it was sorry... i didnt finde other forum to try sugest theese mod's i thought wuld make osu a lil easyer and funier for all ages ':D

ohhww.... i see... its posted

ehe ':D sorry guyz ;( i tought for a sec my osu crached :( forgiv me :(:(

getting better to edit ;D
Sakura

bloodyroses46555 wrote:

was it to me? if it was sorry... i didnt finde other forum to try sugest theese mod's i thought wuld make osu a lil easyer and funier for all ages ':D
There's a place called Feature Requests.
Make sure you search if there isn't a request already for the same thing that you want to request tho, otherwise it will get denied as a duplicate.
bloodyroses46555

Sakura Hana wrote:

bloodyroses46555 wrote:

There's a place called Feature Requests.
Make sure you search if there isn't a request already for the same thing that you want to request tho, otherwise it will get denied as a duplicate.
hmm.... ok
eltmtlqkf
Most eastern people not reading this maybe.. ㅡㅅㅡ;;
Cyclohexane
To the above poster, you guys should really get people to translate the announcements in Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc. and make a thread for them in your language section.
aquafinaa_old
:) nice
Archangel Tirael
I think so, that in addition to the wiki need to translate peppy's post into many languages, so that more people knew how they could help the project.
And I have lots of ideas how to do better, not only osu!, But all music games industry as a whole. Also, in my opinion should be more likely to listen to any ideas put forward children. Children are not in the sense of age, place of training and so on, and children in terms of visionary thinking "in a big way" and big plans for the future. If someone is interested, I can share my ideas. And I hope that my post at all anyone has read, and even if you read my post and after a few minutes / hours / days (years?) Have not forgotten what I wrote here, and something and took it to the note, then my efforts in writing that you are now reading was not in vain...

P.S. Translated by Google...

SPOILER
Мне так кажется, что помимо вики нужно перести пост peppy на множество языков, чтобы больше народа знало, как они могут помочь проекту.
А ещё у меня есть куча идей, как сделать лучше не только osu!, но и вообще индустрию музыкальных игр в целом. Также на мой взгляд нужно чаще слушать, какие идеи выдвигают дети. Дети не в смысле возраста, места обучения и так далее, а дети с точки зрения мечтательного образа мышления "с размахом" и большими планами на будующее. Если кого-то заинтересовало- могу поделиться идеями. И ещё я надеюсь, что мой пост вообще кто-либо прочитал, а даже если вы и прочитали мой пост и через несколько минут/часов/дней (Лет?) не забыли, о чём я тут написал, а-то и приняли это к сведению, значит мои усилия при написании того, что вы сейчас читаете были не напрасными...
^^^ On my language. ^^^
Houraisan-Kaguya
Be friendly to each other. Life is too short to argue.
I agree with this
K a Y e
I just started modding other maps. Though, I still need to improve a lot of stuff about my modding xDD
And I already read the Modding Guide and Editing! I learned some things but still get a lot of questions unanswered since I am not that familiar with many terms.. So, hopefully this would be a great way to hone my mapping skills and contribute more to this community.. I'll try my best~
those

peppy wrote:

approval teams :)
Aren't they appreciation teams? :o
show more