forum

Family Force 5 - Party Foul

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
foulcoon
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, June 15, 2009 at 8:40:51 PM

Artist: Family Force 5
Title: Party Foul
BPM: 118
Filesize: 7087kb
Play Time: 02:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.85 stars, 375 notes)
  2. Normal (4.21 stars, 166 notes)
Download: Family Force 5 - Party Foul
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
lol itz foul
Rolled
I was bored. Feel free to not use if you think its ugly (just hitsounds) Lots of finish.

It's another one that's hard to hitsound interestingly :(

Download: Family Force 5 - Party Foul (foulcoon) [Hard].osu
Takuma
Hai.
Seibei4211
I posted this before ranking. Seriously.
Card N'FoRcE
Oh great, and users have to wait MONTHS to get their maps modded because BATs are "taking exams"

Yes, Takuma, i am talking to YOU.

And YES, i am saying that this is NOT fair for the users who have >30 stars and are still waiting.

Say what you want about me, i don't mind.

EDIT: oh, i was forgetting the 8 stars thing: were there 8 stars BEFORE BATs lokked at this map? I guess not.
tieff
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Takuma

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Oh great, and users have to wait MONTHS to get their maps modded because BATs are "taking exams"

Yes, Takuma, i am talking to YOU.

And YES, i am saying that this is NOT fair for the users who have >30 stars and are still waiting.

Say what you want about me, i don't mind.
:(
:(
blissfulyoshi
I am not that angry at Takuma because he has taken request from normal mappers before, even after he obtained his BATship, but I do agree with CnF on this flawed starring and bubbling system.

This map's thread is pretty good proof that things need to be changed in the kudosu! system.
Dangaard
I support CNF. Though I don't want to complain about the system. It would be fine if people followed it.
tieff
I'm kinda affraid banhammer or something, but I don't want waiting mounths to het my map ranked.
Topic Starter
foulcoon
It's not a flawed system. I asked if a couple people in the channel would play my map and give it priority if they liked it. I didn't expect Takuma to bubble it, and I didn't know anything about him being busy with exams. I'm sorry if you think I'm abusing the system, but I can assure you that I'm not.
Card N'FoRcE

peppy wrote:

Maps with less than 8 SP are no longer eligible for bubbles or ranking. BAT members are now discouraged from modding any map below this level at all, so maps with higher priority are processed more quickly. Therefore, all you users out there need to show your support for the maps you enjoy playing more than ever!
Original post

Nothing else to say
Rolled
I totally knew this would stir up shit.

So the reason people are complaining is because there was 6 stars rather than 8 before Takuma looked at this/bubbled it.

Really?

The argument would be more valid if you'd point something out in the map that is unrankable. But unless you can it's pretty void.

The reason maps get to 30, 40+ priority is because it requires a lot of people to mod them/fix things. There was nothing wrong with the map upon submission so all it needed was 2 BATs to rank it.

Unless of course you guys are just honestly mad about Takuma bubbling this with 6 priority instead of 8. In which case, I lol'd.
Gabi
what about the already bubbled maps with 30-40 stars? there cant be much fault in them now when they are bubbled. yet this was noticed in pending forum rather quickly.

i would be pretty disappointed in the BATs here if they cant admit that they broke the rule now :\
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Dangaard

Rolled wrote:

The reason maps get to 30, 40+ priority is because it requires a lot of people to mod them/fix things. There was nothing wrong with the map upon submission so all it needed was 2 BATs to rank it.
So you can say low priority maps are of better quality, and high priority maps are just stacked with stars because they were not good enough?
Anyway, the way you put things is making the priority system lose the priority aspect. Sure there are sometimes maps that are ranked very fast with only low priority. But it's a bit frustrating to see most of them are made by BATs and get ranked within few days.

The average mapper is supposed to spam other guys to mod his map and get some stars to finally get BATs on it, but.... then no BAT shows up, so other guys mod instead and give more stars. That's how the maps get many stars, not (only) because they suck.

btw: people tend to force themselves to find errors for kudosu, usually small nazi nitpicks that cannot be considered to lower the maps quality much.
mtmcl
To be honest guys, this is quite a bit of bullshit. Ever since I took an absence from modding, I've heard plenty of complaints about high priority maps already on my queue that are not getting any attention from any BATs whatsoever.

This is ridiculous. Really.
Rolled
Maybe you should return from your absence and save the day mark.
LuigiHann
I will ask that all discussion on the topics of the pros and cons of the kudosu system be kept in the recently-bumped news thread, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10245

...and that debate on changes to the system be contained in feature request threads, like the one regarding an increase in the minimum-SP limit: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14071

Beatmap discussion threads are for commenting on the map itself.
mtmcl
RemmyX25
awp
Wow I had a thread made in the Mod Lounge ready to be posted and everything, and when I went to quote some figures, I noticed something:

maps with higher priority do have BAT posts. I went through five or six threads and saw a good amount of BAT posts; an average of around two/week.

Wouldn't hurt to go over your map with a fine-tooth comb (perhaps a finer one than the collective community of mappers has been using) before and after submission. Also, I'm thinking I should be splitting this thread now so we're not all accumulating illegitimate mod exp

EDIT: actually I'm afraid of what might happen if I try splitting this thread D=
lukewarmholiday
lele94
vaffanculo!!! :P
Topic Starter
foulcoon

lele94 wrote:

vaffanculo!!! :P
Well that's just inappropriate... way to go.
Takuma
That's not nice. ):