forum

osu!stream mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Hey peoples of osu!.

I was hoping to not have to do this, but due to lack of motivation/time in the current mapping team, I would like to open a public invitation for anyone who feels the urge to map for osu!stream. There are a few conditions of mapping for osu!stream that are imposed which you should be aware of before applying, which are:

1. You need to be motivated, and able to stick to (and finish a map) in a maximum of two to three weeks.
  2. The song choice is limited to songs we have (or are able to obtain) licensing for. In some cases, we also reduce the song choice to a specific artist/genre we are focussing on for a song pack release.
  3. The mapping process takes much longer than a standard osu! map, due to the stream changing device, less screen real estate (due to larger hit objects), and more stringent mapping guidelines.
  4. Your map may be changed without your agreement should you be unavailable for consulting or if you disagree with a decision we believe is for the best.
  5. It does help if you have an iOS device to test your maps on, but it is completely possible to map for osu!stream with only a PC (though your monitor may get a bit dirty).
  6. I'll say this again: the mapping style is very different. Make sure you play osu!stream or watch some of the youtube videos before applying! Here is a youtube playlist containing quite a bit of gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDE7F1EA220E1973A
  7. I am looking for people who will stick around and not disappear after mapping one map. Managing osu!stream and everything else leaves me little time for constantly recruiting new members, which is why we have not been able to release any new packs in the recent months.
  8. As osu!stream is a commercial endeavour, you will be reimbursed for your efforts.
If you are interested in applying, please send me an email at osustream@ppy.sh containing the following:

* Your osu! username
* A link to your best osu! map
* How much time you believe you can commit to osu!stream
* What iOS device you own (if any)
* Anything else you'd like to add!

Also note that we heavily use dropbox for sharing maps, songs and tools. If you don't have a dropbox account and are serious about mapping, you might want to go make one.

I'm not sure how many applications I will get from doing this, but I hope to be able to reply to each one. Do understand that if you don't get a reply, I have still read your email.

Thanks a lot :).