forum

Ability to change your rating for a beatmap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
I've always been slightly bothered by the fact that once you rate a map, that rating sticks for life and you can't change it. Wouldn't it make more sense to be able to revise your rating?

For instance, if I was ambivalent about a map the first time I tried it, but thought better of it three months later, I'd be able to change my vote from an 8 to a 9. Or, for instance, if I thought a map was great based on the guest Insane diff, but then found the regular one abysmal.*

Otherwise, the rating really only reflects the player's perception of the first playthrough on the first difficulty they play.

*Yes, this would be better fixed with the proposal to seperate ratings for different difficulties. Of which I wholeheartedly approve.
**My request could also be incorporated with the one to change the rating system to a like/dislike function.
Bittersweet
Even if i regret some votes i gave as soon as i started, i think its better if the user think well before voting. Allowing votes changes would mess with rating (i know its already messes but). Like A is friend of B. A makes a map and B dont vote 10 just because they're friends, but 9 because the map is really good. A do something to B like calling him idiot. B gets offended and changes vote for A's map to 1. >_>
Tenshi-nyan
Don't you just have to play a map again to change your rating?
Tshemmp
This is not possible, you can't change your rating, even after playing the map again. This is why I support this.