forum

Handicap/powerup system for multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Evanaire
I saw a little mention in a post of looooong ago, but it get lost in time.
This feature could be turned on/off in multiplayer mode, activating handicaps/powerups as you clear the beatmap. Things like chance the aproaching speed, circle size, shakes on screen, change in screen brightness and more.
Each powerup/group of powerups could random or associated to a circle color, so as you clear combos of same color, it fills a bar to activate the powerups or something like this.
The host of the room can choose enable that system on/off and wich powerups will be used on the match.

I believe this system could help bring more ppl to multiplayer mode, because it have too few ppl comparing to online n°.
In many games that kind of system bring much more fun. Mario Kart wouldn't be so fun if you couldn't mess you oponent up xD. You have something like this in Touhou 9 too.
Sugestions are very welcome.
Tshemmp
Not a very good idea imo. Imagine you are playing an insane map. Suddenly the AR changes...wtf?! You will nearly instantly fail. Also activating won't be easy. You will always have to check your "power bar" and have to activate it. This would be very problematic and could decrease the fun since your attention is drawn away form the music to looking at your power. But well, if you can activate/deactivate it it is always your choice whether to play with or without this system. And of course, the plays had to become unranked with this mods.

Summary: No support for this.
Wishy
That kind of system is used in Guitar Hero lol and it sucks tbh. It is true though that multiplayer has really a few players at any time since it is basically the same as single player. Many people proposed a ladder system but the idea was either ignored or is being developed.
Tenacious J
Not something I would like, especially knowing that you can still rank while in multiplayer.