forum

An idea for Flashlight mod.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Backstabber
I agree with this. The way flashlight works now is slightly unfair since it does not scale with the amount of notes in the beatmap. Insane with 300 notes are easy while 900 notes is really hard. I realize that it makes it fair since it's equal for everyone. But this would make it more consistent. I think there should be only 2 modes. Easiest and hardest at x0.04 and x0.12. Might make the hardest intensity a bit with that concept though.
-----

those wrote:

It'd be a similar idea to changing tempo of the song in proportion to score multiplier; eventually everyone's just going to play at the highest.
agree. the idea sounds to me like the argument with adjustable approach rate earlier, which didn't go anywhere...
(I'm still hoping though :3)
ampzz

Backstabber wrote:

The way flashlight works now is slightly unfair since it does not scale with the amount of notes in the beatmap. Insane with 300 notes are easy while 900 notes is really hard.
This is fairly silly since, originally, isn't flashlight a way for people to prove that they are skillful at remembering the entire map itself past the 200 combo mark?
If the map only has 300 beats (fairly rare for an insane regardless) then you're getting off rather luckily.

Which is also the reason why the current flashlight modification warrants the 1.12x score multiplier and the fact you rarely see it being used due to the high level difficulty of using it.
Backstabber

ampzz wrote:

This is fairly silly since, originally, isn't flashlight a way for people to prove that they are skillful at remembering the entire map itself past the 200 combo mark?
If the map only has 300 beats (fairly rare for an insane regardless) then you're getting off rather luckily.

Which is also the reason why the current flashlight modification warrants the 1.12x score multiplier and the fact you rarely see it being used due to the high level difficulty of using it.
Luck is bad word in general in these type of games. If you keep the intensity consistent it removes any question as to if a map is "easy" or "hard" to play with flashlight because of the number of notes in it.
Lybydose

Haseo wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

intensity 1 is so incredibly easy that this would be free points
It would be fair if it covers 1/4 to 1/20 of the screen now, doesn't it ?
That doesn't make any sense.

Every person in the game would use intensity 1 flashlight under your proposed system for the free 1.04x points because intensity 1 flashlight is so easy that you can see almost everything anyway.
Topic Starter
Haseo_old
Excuse me for my mistake. For a start, I thought that Intensity 1 should probably not darken the screen when doing sliders. It would show 20% more light than the Flashlight we have atm. Intensity 2 is equivalent to the current Flashlight. Intensity 3 is 20% smaller than Intensity 2, and has a feature that shortens sight as your combo increase. Intensity 4 is 10% shorter than the 3rd one, has the same feature before and vastly reduces sight on sliders.

I know what I thought about is harsh for any player, but I'm still thinking about how sight and the multipliers should be distributed.
Suimya
Ijah_old
Support
I can't do anything past the 100 combo normally, it is too dark :(
cirno-_old
I support 100%. I think this idea is great and I thought the same thing about doubletime. If this is implemented maybe we should have a scale for doubletime as well :)

It would possibly create additional competition for the pros.
Reunilu
Hey, that's not a bad idea! I completely support it.
Randy96
not a bad idea but could use some tweaking
Glass
intensity 1 is too easy
Soly
Topic Starter
Haseo_old
Intensity 1 should be 10% brighter than Intensity 2. Multiplier ideas will be posted tomorrow due to school work.
Lybydose
Ok I have no idea what you're talking about, but current flashlight already has three settings:

0-99 combo:

Multiplier for this should be 1.00x because IT'S INCREDIBLY EASY AND ANYTHING HIGHER THAN 1.00X BREAKS THE SCORING SYSTEM. You're suggesting that the lowest setting be EASIER than this? What a joke.

100-199 combo:

Still pretty easy.

200+ combo

The only hard part. Score multiplier should be 1.12x because that's what it already is.

Wishy

cirno- wrote:

I support 100%. I think this idea is great and I thought the same thing about doubletime. If this is implemented maybe we should have a scale for doubletime as well :)

It would possibly create additional competition for the pros.
1- Remove DT and Half Time, add just a BPM multiplier. Of course BPM reducing should automatically make score go ridiculously down like Half Time does now.
2- Make FL rank in a different scoreboard, or something, it's a completly different playing style from nomod/DT/HR or even Hidden, doesn't really make any sense for me to compare a FL score to a DT score, since DT requieres pure skill, FL needs dedication and a lot of time and memory, which of course not everyone has, playing a song a thousand times isn't that easy.
3- Make HR only affect Circle Size and Leech and AR, same bonus as now, so Hidden would stop being HR for noobs.
4- Make OD definable by user. Reducing OD = score multiplier go to hell, not only you get less points since the OD is lower but you also get your score killed. Increasing OD wouldn't give any bonus but the OD it self will make each hit worth more points (now even when HR increases OD you don't get score from that, you just get that miserable 6% from the mod).

Just wanted to post that since it came to my mind when I red your post. :c
Lybydose

Wishy22 wrote:

words
I have a better idea:

remove all mods
Soly
Raging Bull
That just ruins the whole point of FL
Soly
Gomo Psivarh
support... only if it's 1.00x or unranked