forum

rewind button (rewind mod)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Banana
every instrument player will fix a just-made mistake when practicing,and i think keyboard and mouse in music games is somewhat like instruments.so i come up with this idea.

this button can rewind time (like shift in braid),and if you not use the button,it is a normal mod,once you use it,this play will become exercise mod which is unranked.and you need to play practise mod(or rewind mod)to use this button.with this,you can play a certain part of the map over and over again in order to practise.

select this mod,the muliplyer is 0.8*,and everytime you use rewind button,an extra 0.8* will be counted.
and..if you have rewound once,then carry on to play,and at some point you use rewind again.if the later rewind make the time start before the time that the earlier one rewound to,then,i say it use rewind only once,and have a overall mulitplier of 0.64*.

emm..seems most people thought it to be unranked...
so just make this mod unranked

any opinions?

edit(futher thoughts):

this exercise mod is not for pass a certain map,but for the satisfiction of semi-full combo a map and this can be a stair to full combo it.
i am just playing braid for the second time and find shift,the time reverse button,amazing.i use shift to make up my mistakes and better my actions.so i don't need to feel dispire,or become angry to my simple mistakes,and i can focus my attention to other things.in osu!,say,move,rythm and beats..i think i can become more relax in this mod,even more than in relax mod.in relax mod,i need to do less things,but if i still for the sake of full combo,i have not choice but to stress on my mind with the worry of breaking combo.so..i still hope to see this feature in osu!.

Azure_Kyte said that this can be a separate mod just for practise.which have no score change but is unranked,but he/she also said this mod have no score will make players have less passion to try it.so i try to set a score mutiplyer to form a possible ranked mod.

maybe an unranked mod can still be played..so i changed my mind..
awp
Having a "conditional mod" is imbalanced. It'd be like having nofail only unrank your score if you would have otherwise failed. The idea behind it is not bad, though. As far as I know there's no automated way to practice "sections" of any specific song; you'd have to edit the map and cut pieces out of it.
Luna
You can start at any part of the map in the Editor's test mode, so it is possible to practice specific sections.
With mods it becomes a bit more complicated though, and you'd probably have to cut out a part of the map as awp said.
Topic Starter
Banana

awp wrote:

Having a "conditional mod" is imbalanced.
but..what i said is 'unranked' mod,does it matters?
It'd be like having nofail only unrank your score if you would have otherwise failed.
otherwise cannot full combo,maybe.if a guy can't play a hard map,no matter how many time he tries,he can't pass it only with rewind.
The idea behind it is not bad, though._.
As far as I know there's no automated way to practice "sections" of any specific song; you'd have to edit the map and cut pieces out of it.
what i want is not a way to avoid faill,but a way to achieve perfect,(full combo or higher acc.)while some map have 'sections' hard to get it.as it happens in performing a song.

Luna wrote:

You can start at any part of the map in the Editor's test mode, so it is possible to practice specific sections.
i think i know it,but i don't like it that whenever i fail to full combo a map then i turn to test,that's quite..disturbing.
With mods it becomes a bit more complicated though,
emm,may be somewhat complicated><..but i thought it just a inbuilt mod in a button,you use it,and the mod is on;not use it,just as what you used to.
and you'd probably have to cut out a part of the map as awp said.
thanks for the advice of you two.still,if i break my combo in a map,to full combo it,i won't go to test,but simply retry if i have no other choices.
Azure_Kite

Banana wrote:

and if you not use the button,it is a normal mod,once you use it,this play will become exercise mod which is unranked.

This is what awp was referring to as being a conditional mod. I can see how people could find this useful for practice, but having it not count towards your score upon activation kinda defeats that purpose. I would suggest this mod permanently have a 1.0x multiplier as well as being unranked. Why?

Because it would be for practice.

I support this, btw. Carry on.
Topic Starter
Banana

Azure_Kyte wrote:

I would suggest this mod permanently have a 1.0x multiplier as well as being unranked.That is to say,it be a rewind mod,emm..

Because it would be for practice.May be what you thought is better.

I support this^^, btw. Carry on.yeah,i will
-----
If it works just like the rewind function in some racing games, I support.
Backstabber
Love it! Should be unranked tough.
akrolsmir
I was under the impression that peppy disliked having a practice mode.

You know what would be totally awesome, though? A rewind mod that lets you play though the entire beatmap in reverse! Now, you can search for subliminal satanic messages while playing osu!
Topic Starter
Banana

akrolsmir wrote:

I was under the impression that peppy disliked having a practice mode.he made relax and auto pilot mods to separate the move and beats hitting,and i still think them ways to practise..(maybe he said someting to give you this impression,but i'm new to this forum..)

You know what would be totally awesome, though? A rewind mod that lets you play though the entire beatmap in reverse! Now, you can search for subliminal satanic messages while playing osu!
Wishy
This would be useful since you can pretty much do this in the Editor anyways.

Unranked of course.